summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 23, 2014

random ramblings on a fine friday....

This is my oldest son Benjamin, in his dress blues. I am not sure of the occasion, I stole the picture from Ashley's facebook page:) I just thought he looked so handsome!

So today I am tired. No one wants to hear the boring details, but I am tired today because of yesterday. I had to buy stuff for the grill for the soccer tournament this weekend at church. Evelyn had stayed home from school and wanted to spend some time with me. Quality time at Target! She got to pick out a nice purse, from the clearance rack of course, a shirt, and a tank top. We went to two grocery stores, and she actually was her sister Emily in BJ's, since Em has the membership card for the church purchases, and only Em and one other girl can use it. Evelyn is 14, Em is 29, but they didn't even notice.

I picked the little girls up from school, then home to unload things and put my feet up for a scant half hour before it was time to go to work at the baseball stadium. I had to iron out all the details of who was going where first, between soccer practice and a demo/construction job some of the older ones were working on, and someone to watch Susan's kids, so she could work at the baseball game....and of course someone to stay home and watch the younger ones. The ballgame was so busy, I didn't get a chance to sneak my phone out of my pocket to read any messages until well past the kids' bedtime, and the one message from Char simply said, "come home". wah.

She was fine though, Daddy was here, and she chattered away this morning about how much fun they had.

Anyway, Susan's van had a flat tire on the way to the game, Kim had to come pick us up and she had to call roadside assistance. Oh the fun never ends. I got home and nocturnal Mirielle was up, she had the night off, so I stayed up and talked to her for a few hours. It was almost two when I crawled into bed, having to get up 6:30. Dang, I am so tired. And...today I have to finish up grill shopping, then do food prep tonight...and tomorrow, soccer tournament!

This morning has been fun already. I went to get clean undies for the princesses, and lo and behold, that stupid cat of ours used their clean undies basket for a litter box. rrrrr. rrrrr. I pay Jon a dollar for each time he empties the litter box, so he usually is on task, he can empty it every day if he wants to. He has fallen behind a little, and bratty kitty doesn't like to go unless the box is nice and clean. The stupid cat goes outside all the time anyway, I don't know why it even uses litter anymore, but it's better than poop in the laundry room. rrrr. I have to reason it out, at least we don't have mice. And, stupid kitty is SO nice.

Ah well, the day beckons, and so does my nice comfy bed, but I have no time for naps today. Schooling, then shopping...coffee will have suffice.

2 comments:

Susan said...

WOW-Benjamin looks like a contestant for The Bachelor! (Well, except I do realize he is married and has a baby!).

16 blessings'mom said...

ha, I know!