summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 8, 2014

up all night!

Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille think this trip is just the greatest. I am basking in their enthusiasm, as I am well aware that fast forward like five years and they will be all This Is So Lame.

They enjoy every single bit of it, from the mountains of Pennsylvania, some of which are aptly named the Endless Mountains. I mean, they ARE pretty, but you see one....you've seen them all. We went from New York state, which is a newbie to this spring green stuff, with only little tiny baby leaves on the trees, to full blown green-ness. Charlotte Claire was looking forward to our drive through the city of Charlotte, North Carolina, but alas, she was sleeping, and no way was I waking her up. They had their pillow pets and blankies and finally settled in so Paul could doze while I took a turn. I like driving during the night, getting comfy behind a big truck that is cruising along just a bit above the speed limit....

We checked in to our hotel near five a.m., tucked those excited little girls in....and at 8:30, they were awake. I managed to doze a little more, but they were up playing "quietly", so I got up and brought them down to breakfast.

We are going to the Army base tomorrow to see Samuel. He called while we were in the pool and left a message, I think he misses us as much as we miss him. I am so very thankful that we came down here, and am looking SO forward to seeing him...

For today, though, we have a few things on the agenda...Jon brought his x-box. But we went to go out and about, and perhaps go to the Piggly Wiggly. Call me a strange Northerner, but I rather like exploring regional grocery stores. Out in Washington state there is the Winco, and of course the Safeway, which are not in New York. Down here there is Publix, too. We also have learned that we can eat cheaper and healthier by going to a store rather than going out to eat. If we are allowed though, we will bring pizza or Chinese take-out to Sam.

And...I am distracted because Paul is watching Pawn Stars, where these guys run a pawn shop, right now a guy is pawning his own father's WWII jacket....we don't have cable at home:)

Anyway...I am having a grand old time.

No comments: