summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 17, 2015

brrrr!


Evelyn and I...who wore it better?

It's 42 degrees out. 5.5 c. We spend the day outside, and really, brr. It snowed for a bit, then the sun came back out. We were spared the rain we expected, which was nice...for the soccer tournament was cold enough, the fields muddy already.
Jon played...
I wish I had a better picture of him. This tournament if for boys and girls aged 11 to 16. Jonathan is 11. He felt yucky after the first two games played back to back, drank some water, threw up, felt better, and played two more games. They won one game.

Sonja played too...here's her cousin Grace, friend Irene, and her...with hot chocolate:)


I had to leave the tournament for a bit to bring Paul to the airport...I stopped for hot coffee, pumpkin spice for Evelyn...I wanted pumpkin spice too, but it's too sugary for me:( I brought some hot chocolates too...for some of the other kids.

We are home now, snuggled under blankets, with the space heater on. We got pizza (not me...I had cauliflower cooked in butter and hot sauce, with a few slices of pepperoni, and three hot Buffalo chicken wings.)

Okay...happenings with the kids:

1. Emily: She stopped to watch some soccer on her way to work today. I don't see her enough. She had an excellent time in Israel...


I was going to write about each of the kids, but Char and Cam are wanting to talk to me...they watched, "Ponyo", and now want Mama:)

The kids are doing well....Sam called me to day, and said, "Mom.". In that voice. You know, the one that makes a hundred horrid scenarios run through Mom's mind in like two seconds. Then when he told me what the deal was, I was like, "phew, nadda problem." He was rear-ended, and Abigail, if you are reading this, sorry to be the one to break it to you...Sam is using Abigail's car for the year she is in Norway. The back bumper came off. It was a harsh crash, but no one was hurt, and the other driver was ticketed.

Margaret is in Norway too, and is going to try to come home for Christmas. yay!

Anyhow...it has been challenging to write this, as the activity level in the house this afternoon...the kitty wanted to dance on my keyboard, Suri keeps putting her head on my lap which means, "feed me". I ask her if she's hungry, and her whole cute face changes, she smiles and her ears go forward, her whole face says, "yes, hungry!"

Suri and Camille stole my chair today:

And lest I ramble anymore, goodbye.






No comments: