I am too tired to be up, but the quiet is just too nice to say goodnight to. It's going to get busier around here before it gets calmer, so I need to grab the chance to chill by myself while I can.
Thanksgiving is next week, and we are having a turkey dinner on Wednesday, because three of the four nurses in our family can make it: Emily, Aaron, and Mali. Poor Mirielle has an awful schedule and has to work several 12 hour nights in a row next week:(
I used to routinely have most of my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving, but not this year! I did get some things yesterday, but still have a ways to go. And we have reserved a table at a craft bazaar for next month, and oh the ideas that are swirling around in my head!
Right now, I don't have any library books, because I just don't want to take the time to read these days.
Anyhow...here are some random facts in no particular order.
1. I have eleven daughters. Sometimes that suprises me. That's a lot of daughters. They are all unique, and I am thankful for them all.
2. Five sons. Five. Even if I didn't have eleven daughters, and just had five boys, that's a lot of boys! They are amazing boys, my grown boys, and little Jonathan who is such a good kid.
3. I have always wanted to homeschool, and when I finally started to, I fell in love with it. That doesn't mean I don't second guess myself sometimes, but I have peace about it.
4. Bragging about your kids is allowed on your own blog.
5. A guy at the basketball concession told me he loved me tonight. Then he looked at me and said, "I am totally serious. I love you." He was awfully young, so I am thinking he meant in a mother sort of way. Either way, it was both weird and flattering.
6. I am staying up late because I had a strange incidence of sudden acid reflux, the choking/burning/coughing kind, while sitting right here in my chair, a few hours ago. I drank coffee on the way home from the basketball game, and had some dark chocolate. Bad combination, I guess. I thought I would stay up for a while so it doesn't happen while I sleep.
7. Before I lost lots of weight, I was plagued by heartburn, but it mostly went away with a good healthy lower carb diet.
8. Moving more is on my agenda for the winter. I am such a relaxer! When it's cold out and the cozy little space heater is blowing warm air on my toes, oh I like to sit in my chair and think about things. But those push ups and exercises and walks and dancing around with the kids feel so much better!
9..Paul and I have to get our heads together and plan our trip to Florida for this coming winter. I also want to see about making my hoped for trip to Norway in March a reality...with a little side trip to England:)
10.Hunting season for big game starts next week. Paul bought a license and really wants to shoot a deer so we can eat nice natural unprocessed meat. This is going to take some adjustments from Miss Picky here. You can tell me all you want to that it's good for me, that doesn't mean I'm going to eat it. I would like the skin though, to cure and make moccasins out of.
And never mind, I am getting tired. Good night!