summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Catching my breath here...

Yes, I know I neglect the blog lately, mostly because of the dead laptop. The iPad works, but on of the kids likes it. A lot. So here I sit in my comfy chair drinking pumpkin spice coffee while the puppies nap. Our school day hasn't yet started, the little girls got to spend the night at their big sister's house (3 of my girls live in a big old house in town, Emily, Abigail, and Mirielle). That was a short rest, Sunny woke up and when Sunny's awake, I take her outside to go potty. She is a full time job, but worth it. Cleaning this house is also a full time job, as is raising these kids of mine. I am not comply it my head does spin sometimes.

But this isn't a post to complain about how busy I am. For one thing, Davian' baby sister was born! She isn't named yet, although he referred to her as "Sally". I can't wait to meet her.

I read a quote this morning on Facebook, "if I woke up and nothi hurt I would think I was dead." As funny as it is, it's not fun getting old. My creaking knees, my feet...when I'm on them too much the tops of them feel like they've been hit by hammers. so I want to get into better shape. It takes pain to help diminish pain. It's like putty money in the bank, my future self will thank me. But then when I really want ice cream, I am bombarded by those,"well, you have to LIVE and enjoy life!"thoughts. Lies. You can enjoy life without rainbow sprinkles crunching through soft chocolate ice cream. But not nearly as much, of course.

So o need to stretch and do my planks and push-ups and take my walks, watch the carbs and avoid the chocolate.

Yesterday we went to the beach for a few hours....to learn about relaxing in the warm sunshine. Then it clouded up and started sprinkling. But I had to get Sonja in for a checkup anyway, then errands (we're doing a huge bake sale at a harvest festival this weekend). Then home to put groceries away and greet grandma, who came to visit. Then Mali brought Lydia over, and went to work her 12 hour shift at the hospital.

Anyway. Life is busy. But it won't last forever so I try to live on the moments. A pole of pee to clean up or papers to sign, this is my life. I don't choose to groan my way through bit, always hoping it will get better. This is it, and the more I embrace it, the more I see that discontentment is only MY sin....then I can be happy in my days. Because no matter how one tries to arrange one's life so that it's most suitable, there WILL be trials. There will be bills and spills and strong wills, ha. Fees and bad knees and nests of bees. (And wasps trying to live with us!).

So anyway, I do want to lose more weight so that if I end up in the hospital someday, the poor nurses won't hate on me when they have to roll me over. and so I feel better, have more endurance.

One of my nice older daughters mentioned that, "Dad said he wants to go to Jamaica again." I was all over THAT. When did he say it? Did he really mean it? Ha. Jamaica. Just thinking about it relaxes me.

Kathryn started topcoating the driveway yesterday....then it rained in the evening. Ugh.

Ah well. Time to get moving again (puppy won't let me be lazy)

1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della! I missed reading you blog .......but I figured you were busy.....Jamaica sounds like fun, doesn't it? Especially when you are in the dead of winter there. Puppy must be starting to sit at the door to go out. The trouble with at is someone as to see her πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ We have a bell on the door and taught our dogs to ring it when they want to go out. Actually the old dog helps to train the new puppy. Works really well too. Sometimes I'm somewhere else in the house and that bell is a ringin'!!!! Weight loss is a constant battle. Right now I would like to loose another 5lbs, but that is easier said than done, isn't it? But like you I figure you have one go around and have to enjoy it. So my motto is "everything in moderation". At 73 I think if I want a scoop of ice cream I will have it........BUT just 1 scoop NOT 2 🍦It's lovely your little girls have big sisters to stay with sometimes. I think you have a lovely family and you are a great mum!! Have a great day and I hope your bake sale goes well. I'm going to bake GF banana oatmeal muffins today. They are soooooooo good. No one even knows they are GF.

Marilyn from Canada