summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 13, 2011

aah, what a day...

Nah, I shall not write a complaining post...I had a good day. How could it not be good...it started out with breakfast with friends...we sat there for three hours drinking coffee. Talking and drinking coffee. Then we went to Walmart. Home to get Mali, who wanted some time to practice driving (also known as driving Mom crazy, I hate riding with new drivers), and Kathryn and Evelyn. And Suze. We took a quick trip into Target, then into Price Chopper...I didn't need much, just got the specials and used some coupons. Home: I pretty much dropped off the groceries and left again with Suze for THE POOL! Four days in a row, yay me!

Poor Camille though, she missed Mama, so when I tucked her in I promised her I wouldn't leave her tomorrow. I shall stay home...and if I don't, I will bring her with me.

I talked to Benjamin tonight, it is always good to hear from him. Hopefully it will work out for them to come home for Christmas.

Darkness, blah, darkness - it is ruining my morning walk. I had to buy a dorky glowy green vest to wear...and I should rustle up a flashlight so I don't step on dead frogs, snakes, and worms...blah. I think I may have to give up this morning walk, or maybe take it later with Camille in a stroller or something...hmm, Rosie pulling AND Camille in a stroller, sounds like some calorie burning! It also sounds pretty mean if it is raining out. It's one thing to get Rosie and I soaking wet...

Anyway, home from the gym, had a nice salad that Paul so kindly set aside for me (he also so kindly fed the kids dinner tonight), talked to Ben on the phone, made lunches for tomorrow, tucked kids in, and here I am in my chair. Only one hundred interruptions since I started this post, but good interruptions. Like Sam asking to go to his friend's house after working at the dome tomorrow night. Evelyn complaining she didn't have enough time to finish her math homework because of the youth meeting. Margaret asking me if I remembered to buy white tape for her bum knee (oops, no).

Oh, good things: at Target, I found two dresses that don't look absolutely awful on me. I also found a shirt at Walmart today...a white gauzy button down shirt I can wear over my bathing suit at the lunch buffet...and a long white gauzy skirt, looks so summery and vacationy. Now I just have to lose like fifty more pounds in the next few months. Blah, I had cheese popcorn after my salad. Then some chocolate chips, but only 40 calories worth. Swimming makes me ravenously hungry. I cannot go into the kitchen tonight. After the huge breakfast this morning at the restaurant (a three egg omelet with sausage, peppers and onions, and tomatoes (it was supposed to have bacon too, but I did not notice any)...I didn't finish it, not because I didn't want to, I just felt like it was too much...I also ate some of my hashbrowns, blah horrid things for me, and the toast...raisin toast. Deadly raisin toast. It was the best thing in the breakfast. Anyway...I bought some chicken at Walmart too, the yummy already prepared stuff, barbecued and popcorn chicken....I had some on the way home in the car...it was yummy, but blah. I feel like I need to eat so much cleaner tomorrow. But I am telling myself that tomorrow is another day, and I don't need to have regrets.

And, I DID go to the pool, that burns like a million calories.

Motivation is a fine thing, but execution of the actions I am motivated to do, now that is beauty. It takes more strength than I possibly possess, more suffering than I want to endure. But one day at a time...days better than today was, of course.

Well, Kathryn is sitting here with a cup of tea to chat...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh.my.gosh. are you my long lost twin?!? I have the same problems with dieting. I too need to loose like 50 lbs. I am going to a family reunion next June and I haven't seen most of them in like 15 years or so.... Every time one of the kids brings home a chip bag or heaven forbid, leftover AppleBees...I am a lost cause! lol
Good Luck, my friend....I feel your pain :) Maybe we can encourage each other :)
Chin Up!
Teresa ( from MN )