summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

mini-goals...

1. Remember to get Evelyn the immunization booster she was supposed to get before the end of September, before the school remembers first and starts bugging me.

2. Remember to send in written excuses when the kids go back to school after being absent, so the school doesn't bug me.

3. Remember to help Jonathan practice his spelling words so that he doesn't spell, "both" as "bothe".

4. Match socks.

5. Find my sewing machine manual because I don't know how to thread it.

6. Enforce the downstairs chore list so Mirielle will watch the kids when we go to Jamaica...her deal.

7. Keep focused and keep my paws off things like brownies. I got home from the pool yesterday afternoon (yay me!) to that chocolatey aroma...brownies with extra chocolate chips and walnuts...rrr, I hate you, Aaron. Of course I didn't officially just eat one, I ate crumbs...and more crumbs...I told the kids if they didn't eat their walnuts, just give them to Mom, but no spitting them out, please.

8. Not be so lazy around the house...it makes it painful when someone stops in.

9. Get more half-and-half because coffee with 1% milk is...well, it isn't wonderful, and coffee should be wonderful.

10. Channel my complaints instead of just venting to people who can't do anything about it, ha. Homework for Charlotte Claire? Seriously? The school has her all day every day, we get her for about four hours a day, plus the hour in the morning which is focused on getting ready for school.

11. Enjoy my afternoons because Sam is trying out for basketball and if he makes it, blah, guess who will be driving to school every single day to pick him up?

12. Find a new bathing suit that looks fantastic on me, for really cheap. My last year's new one is...blah, it is a little bit baggy, a little bit faded...

13. Stay on the straight and narrow path, especially in the morning when everyone around here tends to have short fuses.

14. Use my "down" time more wisely...there is alot of good stuff in that bible.

15. Resist Halloween candy like the plague.

16. NO EXCUSES when it comes to exercise. NONE.

17. Take care of the pile of clothes I put in on my bed before our company came the other night.

18. Get caught up on the laundry.

19. Forgive and forgive and forgive again.

20. Be quick to say I am sorry.

21. Hug the kids! Let them know how much I love them!

22. Learn to put my foot down more, but not in anger.

Twenty-two...that is enough for starters...same things I work on week after week.

Evelyn is home from school with a headache. She had one all day yesterday. Suzanne has been having tummy aches, running to the bathroom....can't send her to school like that. Then poor Sonja...oh, she barely made it on the bus this morning. The whole universe was aligned against her. Then she discovered she had forgotten to study for her Planets test....I told her she would do fine, just study on the bus, and Get Your Shoes On, NOW.

Camille is telling me what kind of cake she wants for her birthday. She is going to be four years old next month. She wants three layers, big on the bottom, small, then smaller, pink, with strawberries on top. And, she wants to fill the dollhouse pool for her dollhouse people. Now, not on her birthday. Evelyn's head must not hurt too badly, she just put in a load of her laundry. I know, they just love being home with me...but blah, I was going to put laundry in...

1 comment:

Archer's Mum said...

hmmmm i think i need a list too, so many little things start building up!