summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

nice mommy


Camille Anaya

Anyways, I am a nice mommy. I may not have all the patience and wisdom that I would like, but I AM nice. This morning I sacrificed my regularly scheduled Rosie-Walk to make French toast for the school kids. They were so happy about it! And to be honest, it wasn't too difficult to have a reason not to go out into the cold dark rainy morning. I made 14 pieces for the first trip kids, then Rosie and I went on a shorter cheaty little walk, hurrying like mad so the bus didn't come along and catch me out there in my dorky green glow-in-the-dark vest. I reasoned that Mali is home today, so I can sneak out and do a nice walk later...

The thing is, I do alot of things for people around here that are never noticed, never appreciated. That's just the way it is. I don't expect someone to thank me for emptying the drain stopper in the kitchen sink or cleaning behind the toilet. They don't jump up and down when I take all the produce out of the refrigerator drawers and wash them, or when I take all the books off the bookshelf and put them back on vertically. They don't know how long I spend getting the best deals, using coupons, and going to multiple stores so we can have good things to eat.

So...when I need a nice little shot of thankfulness, I just get up and make them a hot breakfast on a cold morning.

The key is to not do it everyday, or it would just be another thing that Mom does.

ha, I am actually a MEAN mom, aren't I?

Today is Thursday, which means Mali has the day off. This means she wants to DRIVE. Which means she shall drive ME crazy, because I HATE riding with new drivers. But we shall go anyway, and have fun, and hopefully stay alive.

My oatmeal is yummy this morning. I put four strawberries on top, previously frozen and a little mushy, but yum. The French toast looked superb, but I held out and ate my oatmeal. I had a dream last night that I had a pocket full of candy and I was just eating it thoughtlessly, and I realized what I was doing and felt sick. Probably because yesterday...I realized the Sierra Mist I bought was NOT diet. It tasted pretty good, and as I sat there at the dinner table I noticed it said on the can, "Made with real sugar." Hmm, sugar in diet soda? Blah!! It wasn't diet! I had a whole one the day before! It is because I laughed my head off at my sister when she did this at A&W a few months back....she marveled at how yummy their diet root beer was, then realized after drinking the whole thing that it was regular root beer. It is a guarantee that when I laugh at someone for something, it will happen to me.

Camille is up and wearing her pink fleecy blanket sleeper jammies, and she wants cereal. There is French toast left from the second trip kids (I made more), but no, she wants cereal. hmm.

1 comment:

Martha said...

"It is a guarantee that when I laugh at someone for something, it will happen to me."

See here- http://justseven.blogspot.com/search?q=turkey+vultures