summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

off to the dr. we go...again.

Camille has had a cold. Not too terribly bad, but yesterday she was coughing a little bit, and was stuffy...then at 1:30 am, she started crying that her ear hurt...she cried and cried...woke up Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire. Since I am so save-y, I still had some ear drops from when Char had an ear infection a while back, some nice numb-y ones with Benzocaine. After some ibuprofen and ear drops and some hugs, she went back to sleep...along with all the other kids.

This morning she was in agony...she had a low grade fever, too. I used the ear drops again, some more ibuprofen...she cuddled with me for about an hour...Now, one wouldn't suspect she was sick except for her cough...but I decided to take her in just in case she does have an infection going on.

And, since I am so nice, I let Sonja, Jonathan, and Char stay home because I figured they must be as tired as I am from being up in the night.

They are playing house, full scale. Jon has a double stroller, his babies have stuffed animals...they are lucky kids, they have so many real doll clothes to play with.

So many things going on around here yet it is the same-old same-old. After the pool yesterday afternoon, I was starving. Sonja and I had made four pizzas before we left, so I knew there would be something really tempting that I should not eat. When we walked in the door, it smelled like the pizza shop in here, oh yum. Bacon pizza with green and red peppers and onions...yum. I had a taste of this and a bite of that, but mostly I ate some chicken breast and a bowl of hot spinach with lemon-pepper seasoning. I was still hungry, so I had an apple cut up with crunchy peanutbutter. I took a few tastes of those deadly mocha chocolate brownies, had to slap my own hand. Every day that I get through without going totally munch-crazy is a huge victory for me.

It is cozy in here today. Jon is pretending he is the mom, and he just found a kitten for his kids. I love when they use those pretend grown up voices. There are still some cash registers out, three to be exact, and now the strollers...four of those...and of course Kitty Kitten thinks the whole thing is his jungle...and when Rosie chases him through that jungle, ahh. fun. The pizza pans from last night are still waiting for me, and my laundry is ready to switch over, more loads are waiting their turn...I have exercised today, my cheat-y push-ups, and my lame crunches, and lifting some ten pound weights, using the resistance bands...nothing heavy duty, as the kids were in and out of my room the whole time, and I was texting back and forth to Mali about her bad day...I was glad to make her feel better, she requested something that would...I suggested several things, but it was the, "It could be worse, it could be raining." that made her cheer up a bit.

Since I am leaving soon for the dr., I should really get moving....

1 comment:

Martha said...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon. Ear aches are no fun at all!