summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 22, 2011

a day at home...

Cinnamon rolls to torment me this morning...I did buy them, because they love them so much. I didn't have one yet, but they are going fast, so I just have to hold out a bit longer and they will be gone.
Sonja K.
Poor Rosie, Kitty Kitten took her rug.
Jonathan and Camille

Paul's mom came over this morning to say her goodbyes, as she is returning to Florida until springtime. She brought over 9 barbecued chicken halves from the fire department! We have a yummy dinner in the 'fridge now. I had no idea what we were having tonight, so it is a really welcome gift. Paul took Sam shopping for a birthday gift for one of his friends, and they stopped and bought apples and squash at a roadside stand. We shall have squash for dinner, and a nice big salad.

Abigail needed new tires on her car, so she took Kathryn and Evelyn with her, they are also going to the Salvation Army thrift store to look for Halloween costumes. Suzanne and Sonja are going to a dress-up party tonight, Sam is going to his friend's party, and the older kids are going to the youth meeting. It is hard to keep track of who is where sometimes, and I often find myself calling for someone only to realize, usually when one of the other kids reminds me, that that child is not home. We are having an early dinner tonight though, they will probably all be home for that.

It is a chilly lazy fall day. I am thinking about a nap, just because it sounds so nice. But I shall just relax instead, and enjoy having the kids around. And I think I will have one of the fresh apples Paul brought home...(oh Martha, the pumpkin/french vanilla twist ice cream is four miles south of here, at D.B.'s Place) (ha, I thought once I had one I would get it out of my system...I really really want another one.)

4 comments:

Martha said...

I can always dream about the ice cream, right?

ccc said...

I love cinnamon rolls too. That's the great thing about large families-if you are tempted to eat a sweet, all you have to do is wait long enough and it will be gone!

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, you wouldn't be the only one dreaming about it. I am already plotting another low calorie day to go down there and sneak in another one. Every once in a while Mirielle says, "Why don't we just get a soft ice cream machine?", and we just laugh our heads off. And...the cinnamon buns were gone before long...it was hard, but I only tasted the icing. And here I am, alive!

cheryl said...

If I'm not mistaken, and I rarely am, the vanilla twist part of the pumpkin twist is frozen yogurt.. and EVERY day when we pass by there, I ask Elle if she wants to stop for one, and she always declines. I'm glad she's not the one asking me..