summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

glad we went to the dr.!

Poor Miss Camille - both of her ears are bad, one really bad. She also has bronchitis. We did stop at the grocery store to get her prescriptions filled and to get milk and bananas and carrots and a gallon of fresh apple cider, eggs, chicken, yogurt, green beans, corn, spinach, and some candy pumpkins from the bulk food section. I bought 8 dark chocolate non-pareils (they are tiny), gave two each to Sonja and Camille, and ate the other four. It was nice to be satisfied with such a small treat, although I did experience some longing for my old friend, the cranberry muffin with toasted walnuts on top. Oh well.

I was so tired while driving today I was afraid I was going to drift off...by the time I got home, I really needed a nap. I enlisted some kids to put away the groceries, and had Evelyn put the chicken in the oven. Good night, I went in and fell fast asleep for over an hour...and I could have slept longer...I realized the pool was a bad idea since I feel like I am coming down with something, and because Miss Camille needed Mama to stay with her.

Oh well, real life interferes with goals sometimes. And Camille is super sweet when she is sick. She is also hilarious. The dr. told her to eat apples and drink lots of water, and take a spoonful of honey for her throat. She said, "I didn't like bananas before but I had a dream about bananas, now I like them!"

Dinner: baked Teriyaki chicken, green beans, thin pasta with butter and garlic, and spinach for me. (I skipped the pasta).

Now it is time to start moving towards the dreaded bedtime....

No comments: