summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

sick sick sick.....

After staying up way too late last night, I was awakened three times by sick children. Yes, the yucky-messy kind of sick. ugh. So far, Aaron and Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne and Sonja and Camille have been throwing up. Kathryn felt okay and went to school. I had to go pick her up pretty quickly. She didn't quite make it to the bathroom in the school nurse's office, barfed on the floor. The nurse said, "Oh bless your heart, I hope you feel better." How can anyone be so kind? I would have been like, dang you could have made it. not really. But maybe a little. Sonja didn't make it to the bathroom during the night, and I will spare the details, but I don't think she'll store her favorite things along side her bed anymore.

So our living room is like a flop house, whatever that looks like. Camille in the comfy red chair with a comforter and a fuzzy pink blankie, and a barf bowl...Evelyn 13, Suzanne 11, Kathryn 14, and Sonja 10, on the couch. Aaron went to his room, I feel really sorry for him being sick when he should be in class. Suri is on the other couch with the huge pile of clean clothes. I do not know how that happened again. Not Suri, the clothes.

Whatever you do though, don't feel sorry for me today. Jonathan and I took a trip to town and bought ginger ale. (I kept Jonathan and Charlotte Claire home because the nurse called about Kathryn before they even started getting ready, and once to the school is enough. Although Samuel and Margaret just might be meandering down toward the nurse's office soon)

So don't feel sorry for me because these guys are funny even when they're sick. "what if you had ears that were actually boobs?" I won't say which one just asked this, but they are silly.

And so goes my life, one day the house is quiet and boring, the next there are ten of us home.

2 comments:

Martha said...

You are a good mom.

freespirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.