summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 8, 2013

snow is coming!!! kids are coming home!

This is Charlotte Claire with Glom, the monster her big brother Joseph drew for her. He also told her the story of Glom...he lives in our woods, and is afraid of people except for Joseph and Char and Camille...let's just say that Joe is a really good babysitter.

Now this one they might kill me for...but it a glimpse of what our living room looked like a few days ago.

Mr. Jonathan was the biggest helper when all the other kids were sick...he was their go-to guy for drinks and pillows and blankets and any book they may have left in their room and wanted...now he is getting better, but his turn was yesterday. He was so pale!

Miss Char with her best friend. Charlotte Claire and Suri are going to have a double birthday party this year. Char will be seven within a few days of Suri's first birthday, in May.

Me in my messy kitchen yesterday.

anyway...huge storm heading up the east coast. Big snow. We should only get 6-8 inches, but New York City, Boston...much more. Some places a few feet. Maybe three. The kids got up and got o the school buses this morning, much to my disapointment, we wanted a Snow Day! I wanted to stay in bed. They bussed those kids all to school, now they are letting them out a few hours early.

And...off I go to get this place in shape for the WEEKEND! Yay! Kids home early, weekend...yay!













3 comments:

Martha said...

I will never understand the reasoning behind not giving snow days.

How's it looking there? It looks like a giant snow globe outside here. Maybe I'll go out and look for pictures.

16 blessings'mom said...

It looks like a snowglobe here too. The big kids are home, the two princesses should be here any minute now. I wish Aaron didn't have to drive to the big city, he will have to drive home tonight in the middle of it...and Joseph is driving Sam and Margaret to the Dome for the Harlem Globetrotter's Exhibition (concession fundraising). I will be praying for them tonight! Emily and Abigail also work in the city, so I have plenty to worry about, I mean PRAY about.

mommeeof10 said...

We got less than an inch of snow last night. Since the forecast did not think we would get any and our town did not prepare or treat the roads, my kids got a snow day. I checked the school website, found out there was no school, then went to sleep for another 2 hours until I had to get up for work. :)