summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 21, 2013

aah, relaxing....

Escaping from the hustle and bustle of the season, I am putting me feetsies up right now, after just having a nice simple breakfast in the hotel diningroom...an egg, a piece of sausage, an orange, one bite of Paul's little danish, and some peanutbutter. I WANTED a huge Belgium waffle, I wanted toast and jam, I wanted danishes. But the peanutbutter helped.

Anyway. We went in the hot tub last night, then took a dip in the pool. We walked around a huge mall yesterday afternoon, and we went to a grocery store for a healthy dinner instead of eating out (a chipotle seasoned rotisserie chicken, a green pepper, some carrots, grapes, pears, and...well, a bar of dark chocolate with orange. And...a bag of those Buffalo pretzels. So, mostly healthy:)

Today we have museum plans, and back-to-the-hotel-hot tub-plans....and not much else. We are enjoying each other's company.

For being such a last minute person, I am glad that this year for some reason I have everything done ahead of time, or this weekend away would not be fun. But all the presents are wrapped and the cut-out cookies are baked.... These are all packed up in baggies in a secret hidden place. Mirielle has been baking too, and packing cookies up.

Well....just thought I would check in...and if you want some encouragement, read the new article on brunstad.org about Christmas.

No comments: