summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 23, 2013

just waiting now....

Benjamin and Ashley are in town, and will be here soon with their little daugher Anya. I can't wait to meet my granddaughter!! She is two months old now, and, smiley and sweet. I just can't wait.

Our house is filled with anticipation and excitement. The younger kids are looking out the window non-stop, waiting for the first glimpse of their older brother. Camille said this morning, "Benny is my favorite brother. But I like Sam too, and Joe and Aaron, and of course Jonny." She has five brothers....

So I am saying, "I love you" with food this season. There are chicken wings going in the oven soon, to be served with salad and brown rice tonight. Tomorrow night is Mexican night, tacos and fajitas. Christmas day, a ham and applesauce. On top of the refrigerator is our stash of cookies (two kinds of lemon, snickerdoodles, chocolate mint, peanutbutter blossoms with chocolate kisses, molasses sprinkled with sugar, and the traditional cut-outs. Plus, about three pounds of fudge. I also have frozen pizza rolls, frozen taquitas, cheese and crackers and pepperoni, homemade meatballs, lots of soda and beer and chips and dips and veggies and fruit. And a bag of mixed chocolates, Kisses and miniature Reese's.

A lot of days, a lot of meals. I will have a hard time behaving myself, I am figuring that out right about now.

It is snowing out, and is feeling very Christmas-y in here. Everyone is home, I just finished a cup of pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Evelyn and I went out and about this morning to get some last minute things. I also swept and mopped and cleaned and straightened. The weather warmed up this past weekend and melted the snow, leaving us a muddy yard, and lots of extra work when the dogs come back in with muddy paws. Suri is doing better, she is perking up a bit. She was so depressed after losing her puppy. She would just go get into Jon's bottom bunkbed and lie there with her stuffed animals, not even responding when someone knocked at the door, which is usually a huge barking party. The kitty seems to know, and is cuddling with her a lot. So she is healing, and so are we. It is so sad to not have puppies, and just thinking of that round little belly and the cute little paws on that single chocolate pup...wah. But loss does bring an appreciation of what one has, and we are thankful for Suri and for Duke, I know they are only dogs, but they bring so much joy and affection and cuteness to our family.

No comments: