summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 19, 2013

countdown to Christmas...

Benjamin and Ashley will be coming in four days, bringing my little grand daughter home for Christmas. Next week will be full of gatherings here, with three nurses in the family, it's hard to get everyone here at the same time. Mali also works. Everyone will be here Christmas Eve except for Mirielle, and Aaron works all day on Christmas. It's just the way it is, and I'm sure it will only get trickier in years to come. But we will work with it, and I am very excited to spend time with the kids.

We have been sick here, I am still not 100%. Sam has had it too, he was better yesterday then sick again. Charlotte Claire and Camille had it, and are finally in school today, in time for their class parties.

But worse than being sick is feeling that empty feeling, that sadness, of having no puppies. I am more than happy that Suri is okay, but it is hard to endure her grief. And yes, she is feeling grief. She has been just blocking everything out, sometimes she doesn't even notice when people come in the door, she has been sleeping alot and barely eating. The vet said she would feel sad and confused, and he was right. She collects small stuffed animals, washes and takes care of them.

Sam and I are going to fill the stockings today. Have I mentioned how much I am going to miss Sam?

Being sick does have one plus, I lost a few pounds:) I know, mostly water weight, but still, it gave me the little boost I needed. I am eating small amounts of only healthy stuff. I can't eat much at a time yet, and hope to keep it that way.

Well, too many distractions....

No comments: