summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 30, 2014

in which she cleans the house....

Oh, my life! I have always admired and envied those houses with large expanses of clutter-free floors, startlingly empty countertops, appliances and windows with no fingerprints, furniture with no socks or towels draping from it, bookcases with all the books actually placed vertically and perhaps even a shelf with gasp no books, but some lovely un-dusty decorative items.

I would like to have one of those houses. It seems just beyond my grasp, however. I can maybe get one room looking spiffy, then I look at the next room and sigh, then back at the one I just finish and I'll be darned if it isn't messy already. It just ain't in the cards. But I do try. As my son Aaron said, on my tombstone it will say, "She tried."

But today, I think I will just try a bit harder, just for the heck of it, to get the place really nice.

Paul is coming home tonight, yay! He has been gone quite long enough now. I just hope he misses me as much as I miss him, I think he does. He calls me every night:)

And perhaps I will take some before and after pictures of the place as I clean.....

No comments: