summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 24, 2014

all packed and ready to go!

2,754 miles I will be traveling tomorrow. The U.S. of A. is a big country! I am glad we aren't driving to Washington state! Emily called me to find out the plan, Joseph is driving us to the airport at....4:15 a.m. If I believed in unGodly hours, this would be one.

I managed to fit all my stuff into a carry-on, to save the $25-each-way charge to check bags on the flight. It is quite packed, considering I have lots of things for my grand-baby:) Who can resist all that cute baby girl stuff? I also packed healthy snacks like almonds and apples and beef jerky and a few balance bars. Two bathing suits, plus my sneakers, and I'm good.

I am also going to fit this laptop into my bag, so there will be updates, as Emily and I will be certain to have lots of extra downtime lazing around our hotel:) Can you tell I am smiling?

Today I went shopping to stock the place up with bananas and yogurt and milk and apples and chicken and turkey lunch meat and bread and crackers and a huge box of Fruit Loops. yuck, but then again, if I am honest, I would love a huge bowl of those. But I won't.

I haven't picked out school clothes for the girls for the three days Kathryn will be getting them on the bus, she says she can do it. I think she can. The girls are just glad it isn't Joseph doing it, like he apparently did one other time we went away. I guess he didn't do their hair so well.

Cleaning the house while I am going is optional, I told the kids. I said they can either clean up continuously like I do, or just let it get really really messy so Paul can see just how much Mommy actually does around here. But, I told them, don't really do that. He should not have to come home from his long day at work and do dishes, especially if they get home from school and just lounge around. No way.

If they can get along with each other while I am gone would be nice too. When we went to Florida, we were hanging around the pool with Grandma, and got a call that one teenage girl threw a plate at her sister. When we were in Washington after Benjamin got home from Afghanistan, we got a call from a crying girl, with shouting and fighting sisters in the background, long distance girl drama.

Paul WILL be here this time though.

Aaron came today for a long visit. Some of my dear daughters raided his Easter basket, but luckily I had extra candy and was able to re-fill it quick when he pulled into the driveway.

And...the kids are home from their thing at church...so it is noisy. Lots of kids are here talking to me at once...

No comments: