summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 7, 2014

cookies!

This fine Monday morning started with this surprise on the kitchen counter....my absolute favorite kind of cookie, oatmeal chocolate chunk with white chips too. Mirielle likes to hack up really good chocolate bars and put them in cookies, in addition to chocolate chips. I broke off a tiny piece just to make sure that these were as droolingly yummy as they look, and yup, they are. So I wrapped lots of them up in packets of two for lunches, then put foil over the rest on the plate, but I can't fool myself, I know they are there. And I am not going to eat any, because I know myself too well. One will be good, two will be better, three will be just fabulous, and I can't afford to do that to myself.

I said something to Paul this morning, as he went out the door to work, armed with his healthy lunch and day's supply of fruit and veggies, about the cookies being torture. He just looked at me and shrugged, like I had gone around the bend. Big deal. Cookies. Don't eat them. To HIM, maybe! Hmph. I actually had the thought that perhaps I should go out and about today...I mean, seriously? Leave the house? To get away from COOKIES? Ha, I AM crazy. Crazy about cookies.

Perhaps I exaggerate a teeny tiny bit, but honestly, I am smitten with baked goods, and it won't get easier. When I broke off that little bite, I tried to be mature and say to myself that it was way too sweet, blah. Ha, as if!

So, until the day comes when I magically don't want cookies anymore, I will use my self-control and just not eat any. No one ever said life was easy, and one can't have one's cookies and eat them too.

Anyway. My princesses were so tired this morning. Just getting them out of bed was a challenge, when they found out it was a Shower Morning, they fought it tooth and nail. It's funny that I only have two children left that need me to wash their hair and shower them....in years past, it was a line-up of kids...every night after playing outside, it was shower time. phew. Anyway, they left the house all clean and blow-dried, tummies full of Cinnamon Life, lunchboxes with turkey and pepper sandwiches, carrots, chips, cookies, and water bottles, homework done....phew.

Here in central New York state, winter is dawdling and lingering. Spring is TRYING, but it is still so chilly. It was 33 this morning. brr. I have wool socks and Evelyn's boot-slippers on, long sleeves, pants, and am shivering. I want to go for a walk, and I am going to, but brr. I just want warmth and sunshine...

I missed that sunshine yesterday, being at the ballgame and working in the concession stand...I can't complain though, I was with friends, it was a good time. I just miss the sunshine...it has been so long.

The dogs are snoring, I want to go back to bed, but I have to write my daily letter to Samuel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain!! I hardly ever let my kids make cookies, because i can't eat just one :/

Blessings from Florida