summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

and you learn something new every day....

This fine rainy morning, I headed to the dentist. My whole jaw has been just aching, I cannot chew anything on the right side, ouch. Dr. Dentist looked at my teeth, then tapped them. OUCH! Three in a row hurt like the devil! He said that three teeth can't just hurt when one is bad, and since it came on so suddenly, it was perhaps a sinus infection, but he would do an x-ray to see what was going on. And there on the x-ray, was the sinus cavity, very swollen, right there above those molars. I did not know they were so close, or that a toothache could be caused by a sinus infection. It certainly explains the constant headaches I have had lately. He prescribed an antibiotic, and I hope it clears it up. It is much better than that drill....because believe me, I was sitting pretty tensely. I had to consciously relax....then next thing I knew, I was out of that dreaded chair, and off to Walmart for a prescription!

Guess what? I like wandering around Walmart all by my lonesome. It took 45 minutes for the pharmacy to fill the script, so I had some time on my hands. I looked at pans and storage containers, then at discounted Easter candy. Yes, I bought some. Then clothes for Anya, because Gramma can't go a-visitin' without some cute little outfits! Then I wandered over and picked out a few things for Sonja's birthday. Then I meandered over to the ladies's clothes and picked out a sweater and a t-shirt...I bought Jon and Camille a package of bologna, I cannot stand it, but for some reason they absolutely love it, I rarely buy it. I bought some yummy green salad olives, then headed to get the medicine...

A quick stop at the dollar store, because....why not?

I filled the van with gas, then home.

Ah, home. Kim, my sister-in-law, was here, and Emily came over. We had things to talk about concerning the grill we run at church conferences. Kim brought one of her grandsons, he is a sweetie.

And that's all I have to say today. I am thankful I didn't have to have a root canal, but am hoping these antibiotics kick in soon so my poor jaw will stop aching. It. hurts. so. bad. :(

1 comment:

Martha said...

Sorry about your sinus infection. I hope you feel better soon.
My favorite place to meander is Hobby Lobby. The music is relaxing and helps me decompress.