summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 14, 2014

late night blogging....

Sometimes I write things without actually realizing that people will READ them, and when I re-read those things later, I wonder what I was thinking...perhaps I was tired, or just not thinking...so, I will write here late at night, and try not to think too much...

Today was lovely. We skipped spring here in central New York state, and went straight to summer. I'm not sure the official high temperature for the day, but my phone said 82 degrees, Abigail's car said 86. Sunny and warm, with a slight breeze. I walked. Paul grilled chicken outside. I wore shorts and a t-shirt, and raked the old leaves from the yard 'til my hands blistered. We had a fire in our little firepit on the deck, under a full moon sky, no mosquitoes. It was so lovely it was like a scene from a movie. Unreal. Emily and Abigail and Mali joined us for dinner, and the fire afterwards.

Did I have any trials at all today? Can you say Labrador Retriever, times two? Those dogs like to do a little thing I call, "slogging", and it involves a muddy creek that runs through our back yard. Now, these dogs aren't ordinary dogs that are kept out in a dog house or on a chain in the yard. No sir, they sleep right on the comfy couches. So they have to be somewhat clean. I had to give them baths today, after a day of slogging. I had to sweep up lots of mud, too.

Let's see, hmm, yes, I did wash lots of dishes.

But mostly today was glorious. I got to sleep in, went to church, sat in the sun, had some chocolate, had a huge salad for dinner with the chicken....the princesses have their cousin over, to spend the night. Margaret helped them set up snuggly sleeping spots on her bedroom floor, so they could watch, "Frozen", again, and sleep in her room. Those girls had a glorious day too. They got to ride their bikes in the road, with Daddy out there with them watching for cars, they brought lots of dolls and their princess tent out to the deck, they spent time swinging and singing, they went way out to the very back yard with a couple of labs who always go where the kids go outside....

Paul had a busier day than I, he had lots of Real Work to do from his Real Job, so he was on the phone and computer alot this afternoon/evening. He went to bed at a smart time, but I stayed out at the fire with Evelyn and Margaret, then came in and turned on my computer. I will be tired tomorrow, but hey, the kids are on vacation, so I can perhaps get a little extra sleep in the morning.

Now, this weather is not going to last. Nope. On Wednesday, the high is in the thirties. The low: 21. dang, that's cold. It is going to seem really cold on our sunburned skin.

We have big plans for the week. Tomorrow, to Walmart we go! Paint for Evelyn's room. Berries and whipped cream for the cake I am baking for my niece Ellen's wedding shower tomorrow evening.

The children's museum is on our list, as well as a few parks, and the cemetery, as we want to visit Robert.

And, baseball games this weekend! I am working on Thursday night, and on Easter Sunday. We decided to celebrate Easter on Saturday, so we can work the Sunday game. I don't know why there is a baseball game on such a holiday, but we have it in our contract to work it, so we will. Our kids won't mind getting their baskets and bunnies a day early.

No comments: