summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

plans and reality....


Would this make nicer valances than we already have? That was the plan here, for me to hold this fabric, and Cam took pics, so I could see. I thought it would be a nice change, and since I have the sewing machine out on the kitchen table, may as well. This piece of fabric is actually one curtain panel which was reduced to $1.99.

I sat down in my chair with the curtain panel, to put my glasses on and look at the pics Camille took, to decide if they would look okay, and oops, where did I leave my coffee? Cam, be a dear and grab that coffee for me...she is such a sweetheart, she brought it right away, and oops! She was coming at me fast, I put up my hand to try to slow her down, take the cup, but nope, that coffee sloshed all over the $1.99 curtain panel. She said it was because I put my hand up, and I thought it was because she was coming way too fast, but we agreed after four seconds that it was just an unfortunate accident, and oh well, put that thing in the wash...if it doesn't come clean, it doesn't come clean.

And now I am here blogging, while the girls work on spelling.

We spent way too much time this morning dreaming and planning about what exactly we would re-do and renovate if we won the grocery store $250 thousand dollar home prize. Bigger kitchen/dining area for sure, so everyone would fit at the table, bigger island with more stools/chairs, so more people could talk to me as I cook (Cam's idea), an in-ground pool with a nice patio, and new flooring in the kitchen. They like planning out the whole details, and I am thankful I have this time to spend with them.

It's fun to do, but, I suggested, maybe we should just be thankful for the home we have, and try to improve it in the ways we can manage, like the projects we are hoping to start one of these days, painting cabinets, ect.

Anyway, I need to give spelling tests...

No comments: