summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 24, 2018

welcome to the world, baby wulf!!!!


Sweet little grandchild #5 was indeed born on Kathryn Grace's 20th birthday, Auntie Kathryn!


(Miss Kathryn with baby Wulf)

Yesterday was amazing. I spent the entire day at the hospital. Margaret's water broke in the morning, but I am not going to give too many details, because it's her story, not mine. But my part in it, was just fine. Kathryn was here with Char and Cam and cousin Danielle, and took them to Target (ooh, fake nails and face masks!), then to Panera for lunch. I was free to be there at the hospital with Margaret and Adrian...

The baby was born at 9:54 p.m., and I thought it was interesting that my own first baby (Emily) was born on a Friday night at 9:53 p.m., a long time ago. And interesting that 20 years ago yesterday, I was giving birth to my tenth child...fast forward 20 years, and I was there with my #9 daughter, welcoming her baby...little Wulf Harland.

It was a long day, and my soul churned for Marge...it was indeed difficult to see her suffer, although the midwife did her best to remind us that these were "happy pains", and that, "there is a prize at the end!" And indeed, there was a prize at the end.






With Aunt Charlotte Claire...


And with Aunt Camille...

We went up today to visit...after I baked some fresh chocolate chip cookies to bring up. We stopped and got a few nice little baby outfits, and then some lunch, and an iced coffee for Margaret (and ya, one for Kathryn and one for me!)...then yay, we went to the hospital to see that little newborn. He is precious. He was born naturally, after a long and tiring labor, but I have a new respect for the power of women...men should worship the ground we walk on, seriously, pushing a baby out after all that pain...women are amazing. And Margaret did wonderfully.

Today was a good day...popcorn for dinner!!!














8 comments:

Joni said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable!!

Sunazz said...

Congratulations!! He's absolutely adorable! :-)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson what a beautiful boy he is too. Gorgeous. I’m glad everyone is doing well.

Marilyn from Canada.....still Australia for another week.

Susan said...

I am soooo happy to read this, Wolf is darling. You typically do not post on a Sunday but I was thinking maybe the baby was here and there would be some beautiful pictures! Congratulations!!!!M

Michelle said...

Aw, sweet! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

What sweet, little squishy cheeks! LOVE new babies and everything about them. You are hitting that time period where there are going to be lots and lots of babies around again for the next decade (or two or more!). So happy for you Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!
Congratulations to the new parents!!

Simone

Joybells said...

Oh Wulf is so beautiful!! Congratulations to his brave mama and to Grandma as well!

Joy from Salem