summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

five little friends...visiting their grandma...


Lydia, Anya, Elise, and Wulf...and:

Uncle Jonny holding baby Ophelia.

I agreed to babysit for little Wulf while his mama worked at the basketball game last night. I invited Mali over with Lydia and baby Ophelia, then Ashley with Anya and Elise.


Look at Mr. Wulf and Miss Elise, scheming together.




I made them spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and bought cute little mini ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Admittedly, it was mild monumental mayhem here for a bit, but mild. Wulf is a busy guy. Before Margaret even left (she was holding Ophelia), I was prepping dinner, and all of the sudden he appeared with a purple nail polish brush, and one purple thumb. Oh dear. oops. The gate to the hallway was open, and Sonja's room is right there, full of fun things to get into. I went in there, and oh NO, a bottle of melatonin was scattered all over. I put the nail polish cap back on, and called Jonathan in to count those pills. Thankfully it was a newer bottle and most of them were there, and I knew Sonja had taken some. There were no traces of any on his little teeth, so I don't think he ate any, if he did, it was only one or two. dang.

So we made sure someone knew where he was at all times after that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and more alert too, ha.

Paul works from home, and today has been a doozy. There's a lot going on in his organization today, and right when he got an important call, Sunny barfed all over the living room floor, and I exclaimed none too quietly as I shooed her in the direction of the door, and out the door, and across the deck, yuck. Poor pup, but poor Paul too, as he couldn't hear what his boss was saying to him, and it was quite important. I suggested he maybe set up an office in one of the empty bedrooms, because I can't always just be quiet. He does not expect us here to always be quiet, but sometimes...anyway.

Hopefully the pup is okay. And hopefully Paul's job is okay.

There are not too many dull moments in life, around here.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my......never a dull moment! The pictures are lovely of all the little kids. They are so cute! Jonny is sure growing up, isn’t he? He seems to growing in leaps and bounds! Little Wulf is at that very curious age! Into everything. Poor Sunny..........I hope she is OK. Ours do that once in a long while and I just give them a bit of white cooked rice and a bit of pumpkin and a bit of water mixed in a couple of times a day, then next day if all is good add a bit of cooked lean ground beef to the rice and pumpkin. Do this for for 3-4 days. This is what our vet recommends,..........our breeder too. We have slippery roads here at the moments 😬😬😬Well you have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

Maybe Sunny got to the Melatonin!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I don't think so! Sonja found a few more on her carpet, not very many were missing. Sunny is rather picky, I couldn't see her eating something that isn't yummy, ha. She is rather sick though, we took her to the vet tonight and her body temp is a bit low, her heart rate fast, so the vet gave her some anti nausea meds and some fluid, and some gentle food to try a little bit at a time. Hopefully she gets better so she doesn't have to o back in for bloodwork and scans...