summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 28, 2020

...I smeaked away....

Anne likes to smeak things. She isn't very smeaky though, because she TELLS you what she smeaked.

anyway, this afternoon, I took off all by myself...to the dollar store, which elicits too many eye rolls and sighs from my kids these days, for me to enjoy myself in there these days. So I went all by my lonesome. Way too many good things in there today!!! I then went to Walmart, to stock up on peanut butter and crackers, deodorant, ibuprofen, dishwash, bleach, ect. I bought some bags of Easter candy. I wandered, dawdled, and meandered, sometimes turning to total strangers and almost saying, "Sorry! I'll hurry up! Almost done in here!".

Then, I actually went to the thrift store. I looked at the books, and the electronics, and the clothes, and the dishes. I wandered up and down the aisles. I found myself a floppy sun hat (crew!), and a cute little pair of OshKosh overalls. I found a lovely platter, very vintage:

I also found this cute little cup and saucer:

(Royal Stuart, England).

And here's a pic of some pretty flowers, just because I like them (they're from the craft store last week)


Home, ah home. Everything's put away, we had some dinner. I had leftover roast beef and gravy, and a small spoon of potatoes, as did Sonja K. Camille had a pepperoni sandwich, and Ms Char some leftover taco salad, along with Paul. We are leaving in a few minutes to do some work at church, I am serving snacks, decaf coffee and hot cocoa.

It's very cold and windy out, but we didn't get much snow today, here. Up on the shore of the lake, and to the east of the lake, they got TONS. East of Ontario, they got several feet of snow.

4 comments:

T.L. said...

Beautiful! I love good finds from thrift stores. A little extra beauty in your life :)
I went grocery shopping by myself tonight and it was fun lol.

Marilyn said...

Several feet of snow must be dreadful!! I see it’s snowing here at the moment 😤 but it is 0 degrees. Just cold enough to snow. Your dish is lovely and so is the cup and saucer. You know nothing is nicer than a cup of tea in a china cup.......this according to my grandmother who would not ever have her tea in a mug!! I hope all the goodies you served last night were good. Gotta run!! Dogs off to the kennel!! Have a great day 🤗

Marilyn from Canada

Martha said...

One day we should oughtta smeak off togedder. Is the Purple Monkey still down there?

16 blessings'mom said...

Tiphaine, do you still blog somewhere? I know you have a quite a few children now...it's funny how it's nice just to go to the store by one's self, isn't it?
Marilyn, have a nice journey
Martha, the Purple Monkey is still there, and I still haven't gone there! So smeak, we should!