summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 20, 2020

living it up!



The school vacation kids and I went to Chili's yesterday. The chips and salsa appetizer is too good, I ate too many warm salty chips. I gave my fries away and had roasted asparagus, for all the good that did after all those chips. The honey chipotle chicken crispers, yum. I made the mistake of looking up the calorie count last night, wowza. I only ate three of them though, good thing. And, it was my only meal of the day, except for a handful of macadamia nuts in the evening.

We also went to the craft store, Jonathan wanted some yarn. Yes, Mr. Jonny has taught himself how to crochet. He made a scarf, is in the middle of a blanket, and is making another scarf. He learned a new stitch last night, thank you, you-tube.

Sunny is much better, but not 100% yet. We feed her smaller amounts, more frequently.
Isn't she cute?

I don't know why it tickles me half to death, the way the cats and dogs get along with each other.

The girls are having a friend over, you know, vacation. So off I go...

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a bunch of cuties; the kids and critters. When we had cats, they loved the dogs more than the humans. I'm glad Sunny is doing better.

Marilyn said...

Good morning. Looks like you are all enjoying the school break. Too bad your weather isn’t better. We have 1C at the moment......a few days ago it was perishing....-40C with the wind chill. We always say ‘Only in Alberta can you have 4 seasons in one day’. I have been meaning to give you a recipe.....not really a recipe because it’s just something I made up. Anyway I have these for breakfast often. A mashed banana, 2 eggs all mixed up together, and about 1/3 cup of blueberries and I put a tablespoon of chia seeds in too. Let it sit while the frying pan heats up and it makes 4 pancakes. I fry them in a bit of coconut oil. Very yummy. I sometimes put some plain yogurt on top. Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Suz, the cats do love the dogs, especially in the wintertime, cats always know the warmest places to sleep. When it's cold out, the animals are vastly entertaining. We have two kitties, two pups, and they are almost always here in the living room, cats on laps or cuddled with the dogs. Right now the older kitty, the mama cat, is chasing her tail and running around playing.
Marilyn, it's actually freezing and sunny today, the sunshine on the snow is nice. Four seasons in one day sounds like central NY sometimes. That recipe sounds yummy, but I am seriously allergic to bananas. My daughter made something like that the other day though, and said it was really good. (I LOVE coconut oil, yum!)