summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

having a break...

Winter break, and it's snowing out like crazy. I thought to take a pic of the huge-0 flakes floating down, Life In A Snowglobe, but I don't feel like getting up. You see, my chair is comfy, and I have one of my favorite blankets, the black and white Buffalo plaid with the white fleecy/furry lining...my first coffee of the morning is already gone, so I do have to get up soon anyway ha. But every window here is like a framed nature print, except that the snow is moving.

This is the first year in a while that we haven't gone to Florida for winter break. So we have to have fun and keep busy here in the snowglobe. The kids played some Settlers of Catan yesterday with Davian. (he's Anne's big brother, and he likes coming over to visit)

(Camille sat this one out, it's a four player game)

Jonathan made omelets for brunch, and bacon. I added some chaffles. Here's how I make them:
2 eggs, whisked, add:
a splash of vanilla
one cup shredded mozzarella cheese
a few tablespoons of almond flour, optional, or you can add coconut flour
2 packets of stevia
some pumpkin pie spice.

Spray hot waffle iron, and go to it! This makes four small-fish chaffles. I eat them nice and hot with a splash of heavy cream on top. They aren't as good as REAL waffles, but they aren't bad, I enjoy them.

Dinner was chicken...I cut it into small strips, marinated it, early in the day, in lemon juice, salt and pepper, some chicken seasoning...then cooked up in a little bit of olive oil...then added almost a whole stick of butter, browned it up, added garlic and parmesan, and yummers. We had salad with it, spring mix and an iceberg mix, some red peppers and tomatoes.

Molly visited with me last evening with sweet little Ophelia Rose...


There's nothing like rocking a newborn.

We don't have plans for today yet. The kids were starting a movie as I headed to bed last night, so they'll be sleeping for a while. I don't mind the quiet. Paul is working from home today, and the dogs are snoring. They were very naughty, barking at the propane guy this morning.

Anyone else worried about the corona virus? It sounds dreadful. I know the very hairs of our heads are numbered, and I trust that God knows and plans all things. But I admit to being tempted to some anxiety. Anxiety is something I hate, and I fight against it. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.."(Phil 4:6), and in 8: Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things."

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 We have sun and it’s warming up they say!! It started off as -17 C at 7.30. It’s noon now and -7, so getting there. The kids all look content there playing their game. Looks like a good day to be home. Baby Ophelia is gorgeous 😍 Have a good day!

Marilyn from Canada

Rose Sperlonga said...

That little baby girl is delicious! So cute!


I'm a little nervous about the Coronavirus, but I don't travel so I don't worry to much. But my sister just came home from Disney and I'm not going to lie, I am a little anxious about seeing her Friday. I don't know if I want to hug her! LOL Who knows what she encountered at Disney or Sea World. Everyone is from everywhere. No offense to anyone, but I think I'll stay put until they get a handle on this virus.

Enjoy the rest of school vacation!
Rose :)

Krysta said...

You need to start posting recipes! All your dinners sound yummy! I wish i could be a splash of this and dah of that cook....it just doesn’t come naturally to me.