summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

just a quick one...

My granddaughter Lydia:

She came to visit with her mama (Molly), and baby sister Ophelia.

We went to the pool last night! I helped out with Activity Club, lots of little girls swimming around, all smiles and splashes. I was supposed to go tonight, but did not want to go to the pool three nights in a row.

Anne came over today. We went to the library, just her and I.

I asked her to smile, and she replied, "When I finish this puzzle."

We had a quiet evening at home. Dinner: leftover beef and gravy for me, I skipped the mashies. The girls had fresh Italian bread sandwiches...pepperoni, turkey, salami, tomatoes. Paul had...leftover hamburgers. I sliced the bread, they made their own sandwiches, it was an easy dinner night.

13 days until I head out west, to California, then to Hawaii! I am getting excited! Not excited to leave the family here though. It's hard for me, I know I'll be homesick.

Ah well, not much to say. I had a huge-0 spoonful of crunchy peanut butter after dinner tonight, and a square of dark chocolate. I don't eat much anymore, it's still hard to lose weight, but sometimes I just WANT something. Cravings go away mostly, low carb/keto, but not totally. I had two eggs for lunch today, when I made some for Anne. I skipped the toast, of course, and had only one yummy strawberry.

No earth shattering news, which is a good thing, I guess. Oh, Charlotte Claire took a unit test in Social Studies and got the only 100% in the whole eighth grade! Not bad for a girl who hadn't been in "real" school since second grade, right?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome news in regards to Charlotte!!! Safe travels, can I stole away in the suitcase ((giggling)). Oh the weather...the winds are something else. I haven't been on campus--but my understanding is they are undated with heavy snow.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della. Lovely pictures of Lydia and Anne.....soooooo sweet. Keeps you young having all those littlies around. Wow for Charlotte....that’s something to be so proud of. I think Charlotte looks like Suzanne.........maybe just in the photos, but the resemblance is strong to me. I have to get all the doggie stuff ready today as they are off to the Doggie Hotel tomorrow. It a really good kennel and they are always happy when we take them.....sing all along the road and leap out when we open the door and race in there. I know other people who take their dogs there and really like it too. Then I have to finish packing my stuff! I like to leave the house nice and clean so will finish that tomorrow after the dogs are gone. Ours are REALLY shedding at the moment 😬😳We had +10C yesterday!! It was gorgeous 🌞🌞🌞 Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada