summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday funday....



I dragged these good-natured daughters of mine out of bed at the un-Goshly time of 7:40, this first morning of winter vacation. They accompanied me to my appointment to get TSA Pre-check. Yay for me, I don't have to take my liquids out, take off my shoes, take my sweater off, or remove my electronics from their cases. Why does paying $85 make this possible, I do not know, go ask your dad. I just hope it decreases my chances of getting the old pat-down. Once in JFK, I was absolutely SCREAMED at, because I forgot to take my scarf off, going through security. oops. In the lady's defense, she deals with people forgetting these things, day-in, day-out, and it prob gets old.

It's only good for in-the-US travel, we New Yorkers are no longer welcome in the Global Entry programs, because our genius governor has messed things up, but that's a whole 'nother story.

So after I got my fingerprints done, and my questions answered, and the money paid, it was off to the mall with the girls, but oops, it was so early in the morning, the mall wasn't open yet! I had made the appointment early, thinking I would have Anne over, and had to get home, neglecting to remember it was vacation, and Anne's mama is a teacher!

So, we headed to the most amazing bakery, but alas, it was closed for some reason. Dunkin Donuts, for a coffee for me, some brekky sandwiches for Camille and Sonja K., a jelly donut for Miss Char...we sat in the van and solved the world's problems.

Miss Sonja K. drove, she did so well! We drove around the neighborhood I grew up in, I showed them the house I lived in from the time I was a toddler to when I got married, saw the corner where I waited for the bus, playing on the fire hydrant. We saw the hill I sledded down in the neighbor's back yard, and the swamp we used to skate on. The hills seem smaller, the houses have had facelifts, and the trees are different.

Anyway, Sonja drove to the mall in the city, and we mall-ed. I do not like the mall, for the record. It's huge-0. It's hot. It's pricey. I do, however, like the Finger Lakes Coffee shop, we bought a pound of beans ($$$), and a hot coffee for me. The girls got bubble tea, also $$$, but they love it. We went to Old Navy, I actually got two dresses. I tried on jeans, and fit into a size 14! They fit, but not terribly comfortably, I didn't get them. But I did take a pic!

I still have a good sized tummy, but whatever.

We went in a few stores, bought a few things, then stopped for dog chow on the way home. Oh, it's always nice to get home. Margaret worked from here today, so Wulf was here too. He is so adorable.



Anne, the sweetie pie I watch, and little Grant, in Walmart. (this is from Friday)

I miss Mr. Grant.

(and Anya and Elise)

Mali is coming over tomorrow afternoon with Lydia and Ophelia, and Davian is coming over to play for a bit. My girls are going to play volleyball then to Emily's house for a while, lots going on.

Anyway. Tonight we had pork chops, which I had marinated in lemon juice, salt and pepper, they were so good. 5 pounds of potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed, (I only had two small spoons, not good for me), and asparagus roasted in olive oil.

I am having some hot decaf right now. I did not make it to the pool tonight. My son Joseph and his wife Bethany came for a visit...

Anyway...the kids are playing The Settlers of Catan again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look incredible!! Good on you!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Simone

wisps of words said...

We have the same *genius* Governor. -sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

🔥💛🔥

Marilyn said...

Look at you in those jeans!! Good for you......you look just great! Good for you finding some dresses too. I have quite a time finding a dress that is suitable for my age without looking like something from the Amish! I’ll look in Arizona. We have a card for travel also. It’s called a NEXUS CARD. We can use it in Canada and the US, but not sure where else. It is issued through the US and Canadian Governments I believe. We had to be fingerprinted, iris scan, police check etc and it took ages for it to arrive. Sure saves a hassle though, and time....just put our fingers in a machine or look into a machine and presto, off we go! Ours was about $350 and is good for 5 years. Your little grandchildren are gorgeous, but of course you know that already 💕 Have fun today!!

Marilyn from Canada