summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

happy and sappy...

 

Margaret made these cookies...
I love everything about cut-out cookies.  Open the tin, take a whiff, mmm, that bakery smell, and they look so lovely.  I don't eat them anymore, but I do admire them.

Last night was one of those hollowed-out nights, the sleep totally scooped out of the middle.  I woke up around four...went to the bathroom at 5:08, which is always chancy, because of wide awake!  Somehow, I did get comfortable all over again, somehow I did fall into a deep and amazing sleep, only to discover it was 6:47, time to get the heck up and see Miss Charlotte Claire out the door!  I thought of staying in bed, but Paul gets up early anyway, and it would just wake me up, then he starts work...so I got up.  My eyes are a little blurry and my brain a little fuzzy, but that's life these days.  Why oh why do I fall into such a nice sleep when it's morning?  You know what I mean, you close your eyes for one second and are in dream world again.  Char said it happened to her yesterday, she woke up, then closed her eyes and dreamed that she didn't have to brush her teeth, so she could stay in bed longer.  Her own brain, lying to her ha.

Anyway.  I'm up.  I washed up some dishes and did some tidying up, but here I am in my comfy chair.  My coffee is gone, and I'm thinking of getting up and making the second cup...

Paul put a chuck roast in the smoker yesterday, oh it was good. I sliced all up, and we had it Chipotle style.  There was rice, chopped peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, sliced limes, tortillas...I had mine with some crunched up lime tortilla chips, I don't like eating those but they're SO good. 

 I had picked Char up from school, with Camille, and we went to the library, as Char wanted to get The Lord of the Rings.  She's turning into a reader.  I got a few books, I don't like to read too much of the inside cover and ruin the experience.  If I start reading it, and it's word vomit, I'll just put it aside.  There have been books I've plodded through, just to see what happens, and what a waste of time.  

The girls and I started watching "The Last of Us", just the first two episodes.  I watch it and despise the government for being so controlling, it's not much of a stretch.  


oops.  What can I say? I wasn't paying attention.  Sometimes I really shake up the cream, and add it in the beginning so the coffee can drip into it, makes it yummy....probably makes no difference, actually.  What a mess though.  At least it's just coffee, not something stinky and yucky.  

The sun is shining today, wonderful weather for February, unless you just bought a snowmobile.  March can have some treacherous weather, but some nice days too.  I'm thinking there may not be too many terrible driving days left in the season, but who knows?  Maybe we'll get slammed.  

I'm sorry I don't have anything more exciting to write about today.  As for Valentine's Day, meh.  True love is spectacular, and I'm super thankful for Paul.  He's a good guy, he's funny and he's serious and responsible, and takes super good care of himself, and of all of us.  He's really talkative sometimes, but mostly not.   Marriage is something you tend to settle in to, it's not the tingly excitement so much as the years unfold, but the camaraderie, the respect, the good solid friendship that is so special.  Paul is true and genuine, but also...he's a guy, and guys drip coffee and don't wash frying pans very well.  :)

Anyway....have a very nice day!

1 comment:

Deb said...

We are watching Last of Us too, and LOVING it. The beginnings of those first two episodes were actually pretty scary after having been through an actual pandemic and seeing how it was handled. If this show had been 5 years ago, I'd have been more like 'Whatever. Sci-fi weirdness.'