summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 6, 2023

the calm AFTER the storm...

 

Grace made this scarf for me!  It has pockets at the ends so I don't have to keep track of mittens!  I can push the cart with this, and not freeze my hands!  It's such a beautiful color too, and Grace said the yarn was on sale, so that makes it even better.  Grace is a very nice daughter-in-law!

So the weekend was a hopping busy one.  It was also extremely rewarding and amusing and amazing.  

Wulf in the blue jacket, Grant (Spiderman shirt), Tennyson with the light saber, and Rhys...
Tenny with a toy gun, yes, he shot me.
Grace ordered this Angler Fish shirt for Achilles last week, he LOVES it, and it glows in the dark.
Ruth, Grant, Rhys, Sunny....


We could add some to this:  
1.  Only take what you'll eat.
2.  Wash your hands.
3.  I'm counting to ten!
4.  Who ate all the cookies?
5.  Because I said so
6.  In a minute...!
7.  If I have to get up!!!
8.  Leave him alone!
9. Leave her alone!!
10.I said...NO!
But also:
1.  I love you.
2.  Don't grow up so fast
3. Stay pure and good!
4. Hug me!
5. Call me!
(ha, for when they grow up, or even TEXT ME!)
Tennyson looking out the window, and Orange Guy.

Sam with his little Ruth, Wulf, Grant, and...Tenny can FLY!


Little boys have energy!  It's a good thing they're so cute!
They built a pillow fort in the kitchen, Wulf and Grant were in there hunting for bears.
Sunny, sleeping through it all, on her Cookie Monster toy.

They all went home yesterday, and then....it was SO quiet.  

This fine morning, I went to Target with Kathryn, Camille, and little Achilles and Rhys.  I got some Hershey Kisses for the candy jar, a birthday present for Molly, some shoes for Rhys, some onesies for her baby brother who will arrive next month, seltzer, and a cute little bread box.

Five dollars!  Now Suri can't steal the bread! Well, she can probably open this...

Anyway, a quiet afternoon at home after putting away the groceries (we went to Aldi too, and I ran into Price Chopper because they have sirloin steak for $3.99 a pound)(That's not much more than hamburger...and it's so good...let it rest to room temp with salt and pepper, I used garlic salt and everything bagel seasoning, heat up the pan, add small amount of olive oil, sear that steak!  Flip, sear, lower temp, cook for a bit, add a big chunk of butter and some rosemary (I have a rosemary plant I haven't managed to kill yet), brown that up a little, pour right over the finished steaks...mmmm. I microwaved some frozen broccoli spears from Aldi for 2-3 minutes, then browned them up in the pan.  

This post was written in fits and starts, that's how life is sometimes.  It's chilly in here, I'm in my comfy chair with a warm blanket.  Paul is on a work call, Sonja and Char are doing homework, and Camille is working on her novel, editing.  Sometimes I really really like winter.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, putting pockets in a scarf! I can't believe I have never seen something like that before. I should make one:)
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Hello Della!! I think you DID have a busy time on the weekend!! Boys can be quite energetic I have to say. But fun too. Wasn’t that lovely of Grace to make you that beautiful scarf!! So thoughtful and kind.

I’m making a chicken risotto for supper tonight. What are you making?

Have a lovely evening 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦