summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 9, 2023

reveling in it...

 Rain!  I love a good dark rainy day!  It's so cozy in here I could just dance, except for then I'd have to get up from the comfy chair.  It could be better, I could have already put the chicken stew on the hob (aren't WE British today!), smelling it's richness, I could have baked a fresh batch of those low carb peanut butter cookies, and more of the kids could be here, that always makes things even better.

Jonathan isn't feeling the greatest, hopefully it's just a quick virus, and he's back on his feet...18 years old and halfway across the world, he'll be fine...but.  

Yesterday's adventures were enjoyable...Camille has a Barnes&Noble gift card, but didn't decide on anything.  I mean, you can library for free, and if you don't like the book, don't read it.  I know authors and stores and employees have to get paid, but $18 for a paperback book?  I actually get a lot of books from the thrift store, fifty cents or a dollar, then I donate them back, so win/win, they get paid twice.  

Camille, Char, Sonja...


Sonja read this whole book to them.

We went to Aldi so I could return my beloved black electric tea kettle.  I bought it for myself for Christmas for 30 bucks, didn't save the receipt, and got a measly ten bucks back for it.  It totally stopped working yesterday, the base of it just malfunctioned and wouldn't go above 68 degrees.  I had saved our old glass kettle, so back out to the counter it went.  

Target:  we like to stop at Starbucks there, their blonde roast iced Americano with heavy cream and no sweetener.   It's pricey, but so good.   We didn't get much in Target, a package of chicken, some packages of razors that were marked from $19.99 to $5.99, some seltzer.  An Old Navy opened nearby, so we went in there.  I got matching shirts for Lydia, Anya, and Elise, for $1.49 each.  I bought Grant a new shirt, and Ruth a cute little romper thingy.  The girls found a few things too, it all came to $28.  Not too bad.

Home....Grace had already arrived here with Grant and Ruth, Samuel had class, so they were coming for dinner.  Steak, waffle fries, onion rings (in the air fryer), and broccoli spears.  

Our county is still publishing the Covid data weekly.  If you can see those numbers, five unvaccinated are hospitalized, and twenty-two vaccinated.  It's almost as if the vaccine doesn't work!  The side effects though, ugh, especially for those who were boosted, too.  The actual VAERS data is distressing, so many heart attacks and strokes, myocarditis in young people...the doctors who had really good success in early treatment, as opposed to hospitalization and remdesivir treatment (and ventilators!) were silenced and threatened with losing their medical licenses, now it's coming out that they were indeed correct.  

Yeah.  But what can you do?  Spy balloons and laptops and our silly V.P., laughing at yellow school buses and Venn diagrams, while men prance in women's locker rooms and get all the trophies.  

But here in my comfy house, with the rain falling on the metal roof, and the dogs snoring, and the second cup of coffee just as good as the first was...ahh.  I feel better for having gone to the pool yesterday.  It's hard to to go when you haven't in a awhile.  You walk out of the locker room in your big granny bathing suit/dress, all the way across the pool room to access the entrance ramp, many of the class members already there in the circle, glad to see you, you hope ha.  They are a nice group, a few new faces now, too.  

Outside of my comfort zone, once again, but I KNOW if I go regularly it won't be such mental gymnastics to get out the door.  Camille came with me, didn't love it, but didn't hate it either.  Paul said, "It'd be better if she swam laps." Um, I got her out the door to the pool and she got in and moved, and it wasn't altogether easy for her physically, not to mention being there with the old people ha.  But then Paul gets up at six and swims laps for half an hour on the days he's not going to the gym or rucking down the road with a backpack so heavy I can barely move it on the kitchen floor to sweep under it.  

So next month will be busy, I have to do my three day heart monitor appointment at the beginning of the month, then Miss Kathryn will be having her baby boy, then Camille will be having her knee surgery.  Charlotte Claire is going to Norway with Margaret, so I'll be helping with Wulf and Tennyson, as Adrian is in college and cannot skip any classes.  

I'm thankful for each day.  Have a good one too!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about Jonathan being sick and so far away. My Katie is on a 7 week mission trip to Asia. While there it was the lunar NY and they had to leave the city to go home with someone hours away. She arrived there and took sick for 4 days. She was miserable but I didn’t know as they had no WiFi, but I was praying like crazy here and she is doing well now, or was last time we spoke.

Soundd like lots going on at your house. Same here as one car is in the shop, again, and I am one without car. But, always lots to do here.

Yes, world is crazy, especially in the USA. But my eyes stay on the Lord and I trust Him. As I study Exodus I am reminded that He heard the cry of the Hebrews, He cared and He acted. Trusting Him as He knows the state of our country and cares.

Have a beautiful day!

Judy

Terri D said...

Whew!! Even when you are cozy and enjoying your home and a second cup of coffee, you are busy!! Lots of stuff coming up for all of you! Keep us posted about all of it, Della! xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Della 😊

I’m sorry Jonathan is sick. It’s not fun being sick when you’re not at home. It’s a mother’s lot in life to worry about her kids for her whole life. Mine are in their 50’s and I still worry.

It sounds like another fun adventure with your girls again today! I love looking around a book store. I make notes because I have a Kobo reader. Books are expensive on there too, but cheaper than buying a real book.

It’s great you went outside your comfort zone Della. We all have that comfort area. My daughter always says ‘the magic happens outside your comfort zone’. I think that could be true too 😊😊

You are certainly going to be busy in March!! That will keep you out of mischief for sure!!

I hope your day was great!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦