summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

not taking it for granted...

 ...Pool this morning, then home in the 65 degree sunshiny day, to clean the car.  Perfect weather for it.  Then, I mopped the floors in here, straightened a bit, then sat in the comfy chair for just a little while...then picked  Charlotte Claire up from school, and dentist.  Then, grocery store for:


What?!  It was $2.49 a pound!  I also got some chicken, fresh Italian bread, some muffins for the girls, a jar of peanut butter, some coffee and tea, a huge package of paper towels that used to cost 12 bucks, for $17.99.  I did buy some half price chocolate, and a box of sugar free frozen fudge bars.  

Then home...I cut up the chicken, half into little strips for dinner, cooked them up in a frying pan in olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.  I cut the rest into little chunks and froze it in lime juice ,salt and pepper. Camille cooked a pound of linguine, and made homemade alfredo sauce.  I made some cauliflower rice.   It was a good yummy dinner.

It's good to be back in the routine of going to the pool again.  Of course it's not too terribly difficult to get out the door on a February morning when the sun is shining and there's no ice to slip on.  We'll see how I do when winter comes back for a visit.  

When thinking of a title for this post, just another day popped into my head, but it wasn't JUST another day, it was a fabulous day.  I got to go into the waiting room with the girls for their dentist appointment, instead of waiting in the car and having them go in individually, talking to the receptionist on the phone, because Covid was extra spooky in dentist's offices.  (I saw the receptionist in the store during all that, and we chatted...). It was fabulous because Charlotte drove and did well.  Camille finished writing her novel and is looking into editing/publishing it.  Sonja is in the homestretch of nursing school, Kathryn is having a baby in just a few weeks, and so on.  

Anyway.  I'm tired enough tonight.  Have a good evening. 

2 comments:

Deb said...

That is a good price for butter! I've been paying over $4.00/lb at Walmart. The local grocery store where I shop for my mom has it on sale for $3.99 at the moment. Price of eggs has come down around here, finally.

I'm very curious about Camille and her novel. I used to write constantly when I was younger but never knew how to go about trying to get published. These days it seems like it would be so easy with all the knowledge of the internet, and with self publishing. I started writing again about 5 years ago but fizzled out once again because I still wouldn't know how to go about getting it published.

Marilyn said...

Della I don’t seem to have access to your blog ? Not sure if this will go through. This is all that comes up for me.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦