summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

well, just phew....

 Yesterday morning, I put a nice roast in the crock pot.  I sprinkled it with two packets of gravy mix, pepper, minced onions, and some fresh chopped carrots and red skinned potatoes.  Sunday afternoon after church, ahh, dinner is DONE.  


Saturday evening, I made cookies. Before I added the chocolate chips, made some just rolled in sprinkles, and some with mini M&M's.  

Sunny and Orange Guy on Saturday....

Sunny and Kettler, aka Mama Kitty, or Old Kitty,  on Sunday...

I don't know why it tickles me so to see the animals get along, they actually like each other.  

This fine morning, after going to water aerobics (yay me, I keep going!), it was time to go pick up a stove for a house we are working on.  Char and Cam came along with us, we got some painting done.  Char went around with the drill and removed old curtain hardware.  She also helped Paul tear up some old flooring, and carry in the stove, and carry out the old one.  We put in a good day's work, the girls have earned some money, and phew.  I'm tired.  

Thankfully, there is enough leftover stew, I don't have to make dinner.   We also stopped at McDonalds on the way home, for the girls.  I just got a Diet Coke, because I actually love leftover beef stew.  I never thought I'd say this, but:  get the McDonald's Ap!  There's always something good, today we got free medium fries.  Not that fries are good, but the girls like them once in a while. 

And....now it is Tuesday, and I'm going shopping with Kathryn and her two little ones...life goes speeding by sometimes!  This evening is activity club, kids are on school vacation so we're doing a big all-together, pajama party themed, go to different stations party.  I'm bringing all the little Calico Critter miniatures and houses, and my nice popcorn popper.   Lydia is being dropped off here so she come with me.  

And...so...out of the comfy chair, and into some bye-bye clothes....(I may be lazy, but I don't wear sweatpants and slippers to the store yet, ha.)


5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Yep! I have the Mcdonald's App! Poor Peyton. She has been trying to get a Shamrock Shake for weeks. Apparently, the milkshake machine is broken?!?! Your meal sounds delicious. We had a roast on Sunday too! Have a great day, my friend.

Deb said...

LOL Thank you for not wearing jammies and slippers to the store. I mean, I guess 'Yay' for people feeling comfortable enough to do that but where has that sort of, I don't know, self respect gone? Like, making yourself presentable to go out? lol

The cookies look yummy! And the animals look so cozy together. =)

Cindy said...

Good for you for not wearing pajamas and slippers to the store. Gotta have some respect. Now a pajama party?! THAT'S a place to wear them! Have a great time!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della……this is a test to see if I entered this properly. I’m not very technical 🙄

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

Way to go Marilyn!☺️