summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 19, 2008

movie day, with chips

I let the kids put in a movie at noon, and eat chips at the coffee table while watching it....just a bit of down time for me. Camille is sleeping, and Jon is stressing that we're running out of dip. Daddy is at work, and the older kids are all gone. So we get to do things my way today. I realized after reading a blog by a woman who recently lost her husband, how much I do things differently when my husband isn't here. I feel so bad for her, but am glad she shares her experiences....I work on not taking life for granted, and appreciating Paul more. It has been tough through the years when I've been alone with the kids, which has been very often, but I think I have dealt with it partly by doing things more relaxed. Things like going to McDonalds, spending $2 each from the dollar menu, and spending 2 hours at the playplace. Or going to the dollar store.....when my parents were alive, we would unquestionably go there when Paul was gone...I miss them today. My dad would be complaining day in and day out about the price of bread, the price of gas, the price of milk....I believe it was one of his great joys, to complain. In his last months, he had a fear of God that restrained him, he didn't let himself rant about others as much. Actually, he would say some rotten things, and then add how it wasn't his business, or that the person didn't mean it....
I have spent too much time on this computer. I haven't been on in a few days, and catching up is killing the kids here. They turned off their movie, and are playing dollhouse, which consists of arguing about dressers and mommy dolls.

Mariel is coming home from her trip to the Southwest tonight.....will I bring the kids to the airport?

No comments: