summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 14, 2017

where have I been, where am I going...

In the last few years, I have been to...

2015:

Seattle, Washington
Washington, D.C.

2016:
Drove to California, so visited several states
Washington D.C.
Norway, with a day in London
Florida
France
California again
Washington D.C. again

This year doesn't look as promising, but we are most likely driving to Florida next month. Paul is going to India, then to Ireland. I told him he could take me to Ireland if he wants. He DOES want, but it ain't happening. I just hope he travels a lot so he can accumulate frequent flyer miles.

I also really want to go to D.C. again for a weekend with Samuel before he gets out of the Army, which will be happening by May. Sam is good at being in the Old Guard, and could definitely re-enlist, but thankfully he isn't. I am proud of him, he looks so spiffy in his uniform, but he misses home, friends, family, and is ready to go to college.

Evelyn and I are going on an adventure today...thrift store hopping. I am looking for an old dresser to chalk paint/re-do, for over near the door. Evelyn loves to browse and linger, dawdle, and explore, so she's the perfect companion for this.







2 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

Thank you once again for your lovely post. And i wish so much you could go to Ireland!

Marilyn from Canada said...

Good morning 🌞 I hope you were able to find what you were looking for at the thrift store. We have a place not far from where I live that has heaps of used furniture. That is mostly what they have and it is so reasonable and REALLY nice. Yes you did have a big travel year last year. Your drive to Florida will be fun. We have another lovely day here....tomorrow it is supposed to be +7C. A week ago it was -21C with a windchill that made it -32C😫 Very strange weather right across our countries, isn't it. All that ice!!! You have a great day today.....

Marilyn from Canada.