summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 4, 2010

another day....

It is sunny and cold. My laundry room shelf is fixed. It was a long painful process, and I will spare the boring details, but Paul put the nicely emptied shelf back up, and my girls helped me restock it. The good thing is we weeded through some things, and put things back in a bit more organized manner.

Tomorrow I am going to lunch with some friends, and I am very excited about it. My friend Joe, who is the same age as my parents would be, is retiring this week, so some of us are meeting for lunch to celebrate. Joe is the most kindhearted soul I have ever met. He is the one who visits sick people in the hospital, and prays for the young ones, and always has an encouraging word. He has worked for years and years with mentally challenged adults, and has seriously gained the "patience of a saint"....

So today I wanted to keep Jonathan home from school again. I was thinking he might be getting tired out, and he was starting to be argumentative and grumpy this morning, but he snapped out of it and apologized, and got ready for school all happily. He really likes school. He has learned how to read, which is lots of fun. He knows lots of "sight" words, and he knows how to sound out other words, so this week he has been reading me lots of books. He has an excellent memory, so when he catches on to a new word, he remembers it when he comes upon it again. He is so funny, this morning he told me that the girl who is the smartest one in his class does not even know that twenty plus twenty is forty.

I have a million things to write about here, but I have to make some phone calls. My coffee is gone, my Cheerios are gone, and Rosie is all tangled up...

No comments: