summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

sunshine on the melting snow

It's melting.....! We have had snow on the ground consistently from before Christmas, except for during a brief January thaw, when we lost most but not all....but not for long, it was a short thaw and it snowed again within a few days. I am thankful for the sunshine, when it is rainy and warm it causes flooding. And there is still so much snow to melt. It was 54 degrees yesterday here, warm and balmy and spring-like. I know it isn't here to stay though, it is just a little tease. 26 years ago tomorrow, when Paul and I just got married, we woke up on day three of our new marriage to: tons of snow. We had gone away for two nights, that was our honeymoon. We got married on Friday evening and were back in church on Sunday, and at work on Monday.

7 kids out the door to school this morning. Mali didn't go because she is leaving today and still has to pack, and Margaret doesn't feel well. I wrote note to pick up the other kids, they got ready happily because to them, getting picked up early is one of the greatest things in life. And for Jonathan, the thought of seeing planes taking off and landing is just sweet. And, I told them we could go to Sonic and see if our van was small enough for their carwash. (once I tried to take it through the carwash at a Mobil, and was told it was too big). PLUS, I promised them I would stop at our favorite bakery. I plan to let them all go in and pick out a cookie or a donut. That place is absolutely heavenly. It smells so so good in there. And it is a visual picnic, too. Pies and cakes and pastries and turnovers and muffins and breads and rolls and of course the donuts......

This morning I had oatmeal with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts and brown sugar and milk.....and Camille woke up just in time to share it with me. I have been trying to eat more healthy, and I have to make up for that donut I know I am going to have. Just one, though, just one.

Camille is crying because she wants to go in the laundry room and pull down all her bye-bye clothes. I cannot let her in that room, she is too much of a clothes-changing monster. She will pull things down, and try them on and leave them somewhere....and plus, last week she pulled a shelf right down, and caused quite a mess. So I can't let her in there. I usually just pick out a few things and give them to her so she can change into them and wear them around and change her mind, but she cannot have reign over the whole room, it would be disasterous. Well, not a true disaster.....but still. She knows we are going to the airport today, and since she possesses that two-year-old concept of time, she thinks she needs to start getting ready. She told me , while shaking her head YES vigourously, just to drive it home that it is WE and not just Mommy, "We are going in a couple of hours.", but she still feels the need to get ready NOW.

Well, I have swept the floors (they were swept and mopped yesterday, but having a ROSIE makes the floors so dirty), got the school kids fed and dressed and out the door, read the entire morning paper, and then I picked up my computer.....now I need to get that momentum back....

No comments: