summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

out to dinner we went....

and it was fun! Abigail took Aaron to his National Honor Society, thank you Abigail, so we got to go to dinner. Of course I had a coupon, so our bill was only $20.98, for two delicious steak dinners. Mirielle stayed here and gave the kids dinner, so thank you too, Mirielle! I made up two pans of scalloped potatoes before I left, and she served it with mixed veggies and some hot dogs. (I don't exactly consider hot dogs to be food, but the younger kids love them. absence makes the hearts grow fonder, I guess).

So tomorrow.....Emily will leave work and head to the airport, and I will pick up 8 school children and take them, along with Charlotte Claire, Camille, and Mirielle, and also head to the airport. (we are already planning a pitstop at our favorite bakery)....we will drop Mali off with Emily, and they will have a happy and uneventful and safe trip to Norway, with an 8 hour stop in Amsterdam, in which I hope they behave themselves. Coffee shops? hmm. Then Mirielle will hop into Emily's beautiful 2000 Dodge Stratus (you have seen it, it is all banged up), and we will go home.

Aaron is the only one coming home on the bus tomorrow. He could probably watch a few kids, but he has lots of homework these days. I have also been gone alot these past days, and the kids hate it, so I am glad to bring them with me.

So having dinner with just Paul is -....well, I don't know how to describe it...we almost don't know how to carry on a coversation without interuptions. I am pretty certain we appreciated it more than if we did it every week. Or even every month. It wasn't just the food, although it was yummy, oh, grilled steak.....oh wait, I am not hungry. But it was mouthwateringly good. We didn't linger for coffee, since it is a work/school night.....but I did have two squares of an Aldi chocolate almond bar a little while ago......

Most of the kids are in bed, and I think I will talk to Paul a little more....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Happy Anniversary (and many more)!

cheryl said...

Congratulations.. and since I probably won't be talking to you on Wednes.. or maybe I will.. but I thought I'd tell you that during the National Honor Society induction, the principal singled Aaron out by mentioning him getting practice in leadership at home, being 1 of 16.. it was pretty funny, I'm sure they'll tell you about it. But it was also very nice, I think she thought it was special.. We must be very proud of Aaron and Audrey, they've worked hard, I think.. and they are pretty smart, and just plain nice.

Book Lover said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I just wanted to ask if you would consider posting some recipies once in a while I would really like your scalloped potatoes receipe.Also, I am just intrigued how you feed everyone. You are definetely a much better woman than I am:)

Blessings

Kim Chrisman