summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 14, 2010

friday again??

How did that happen? Life just goes by too fast. I am up with just Miss Charlotte Claire this morning. All of the school kids got on the bus this morning, and Camille is still in bed. The train track is still set up all over the livingroom floor, and Miss C.C. is having some fun. Rosie is quite interested too, but she has been told NO enough that she is just watching.

Kids are ridiculous sometimes. Jonathan is a very good boy, but he likes to be silly and fool around. As we sat eating our cereal this morning, he kept saying, "Chicken butt!", and laughing his head off. His sisters told him he was being stupid, but couldn't help laughing too. Jon says that a kid in his class always says, "Hey Jon, guess what? Chicken butt!", and it is SO funny. hmm. I guess the fact that it wasn't funny to me at all points to this: I am growing up after all.

Mirielle is gone too, she left for Detroit for the weekend with some of the girls. Abigail is at work, and I need to go to the store....wah, probably just with the two little girls. We need fruits and veggies, we are almost out. I have gone grocery shopping twice this week, but didn't get much produce because it is so much cheaper in Aldi.

Tomorrow I am going to my nephew's wedding. Alone. Is that sad or what? Only ages 21 and over were invited, which is fine, but my older kids have to work, and Paul hates weddings. Oh, he would go with me if I really really wanted him to go, but then he would just ask a million times if we could leave yet. And now that Mirielle is gone for the weekend, if the other older ones are working, he will have to stay with the kids anyway. So he probably couldn't have come with me unless we found a babysitter. I am riding with my sister and her husband, how romantic....I am glad for my nephew that he is getting married, he and his intended have been living with each other for years, and are expecting a baby in a few months. I am super glad for my brother and sister-in-law, who are having their first child's wedding and getting a grandchild, too! I am also hoping my brothers come to the wedding, we haven't been together very much since Billy died. Ouch, that is going to hurt...being with the family without him there with his comments and that look he did without saying anything.....oh dear.

On Sunday I am going to a baby shower for another nephew's wife, they are expecting their first baby. I just don't like being gone from the rest of my family so much....it seems like the whole weekend.....

My little Camille is up now....I should take them for a walk in their froggy boots and raincoats...it is cozy and foggy out there....seems like we have been living in England the last few days. I really really wanted to keep one of my other girls home today, but thought I better not. Last night I dreamed we moved to this other house....in a neighborhood, but we were homeschooling. The house was huge, and I cannot believe I designed such a masterpiece in my dream! The living room/kitchen/dining room/music room, complete with drums and piano, were all in one big square with a fireplace and big screen tv....with lots of couches, and hardwood floors, looking out onto a big deck....there was a long hall/breezeway that ran from the front of the house to the back, with the main house on one side and the garage/mudroom/screenporch on the other side....it was pretty amazing. But in my dream, Paul asked me how I liked the new house and I just started crying, saying I missed living out in the country....

Camille is sitting with me, having this big fuss that she doesn't have "anymore space".....well, what does she expect? She has knocked my coffee cup down, thankfully it was empty....or almost empty. I always say there is no such thing as empty, there are always drops that spill and make stickiness....

She needs attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"chicken butt"...sounds like something Daniel would be interested in. I just wrote about that yesterday. Ugh! I guess I'm growing up, too!