summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 23, 2010

sunday, a day of rest....

after the amazing feat of getting out the door for church with all the other people who live here, except Benjamin, along with sandwiches and drinks and little baggies of chips and pretzels, since we were staying after for a soccer pep rally....and coming home to the pool being ready to swim.....and swimming with the little ones, which really consisted of me skimming the bottom for leaves and solving the hog-the-ladder-top fights.....I am tired. I sat in the sun after the three youngest were done with the water, pushing Camille on the swing and singing her songs and talking to Jonathan and keeping an eye on Suzanne and Sonja, who were still swimming. I was planning on making chocolate chip cookies for the girls gathering this evening, but Mirielle ended up doing it. I did make three pizzas, no sauce, just butter and garlic and cheese and diced tomatoes and bacon, with bacon on one too. Unbelieveably good. I gave the kids their pizza in the living room at their little table, while watching "102 Dalmations". Joseph, Aaron, and Sam are with the boys from church, and all the older girls are at the girls gathering. Benjamin is at work, so just Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, Paul and I are here. I am resting with my feet up, and I could seriously fall asleep.

It is warm out today, very pleasant and sunny and breezy, probably around 80 degrees. I am thinking that I have to send the kids to school this week, and no fair, I want summer vacation to start now! We just plain know how to have fun. And I don't think they would be any less smart if I just pulled them out right now and started on with vacationing. Too bad I would get in trouble...they learn so much just being here. Camille was making "teeny tiny baby "c"s, Mommy" today with a red crayon and a piece of paper. And lots of "ones", too. Of course, she made one squiggle and said it was an "f", and it didn't really look like one.

Life doesn't always go like I think it should go, and sometimes it is downright painful. But I can always, always, no matter what, be faithful to God. Sometimes it is just a matter of standing firm in my thoughts, so that I don't give in to critical thoughts, or getting offended about something. Faithfulness is the most important thing. And it is possible no matter what circumstances I find myself in. Just think to be free from blaming others!

I am thankful today, for many things.

I am thankful for Paul and his goodness. He broke a part off the pool filter while getting it fixed up, so he ordered another piece, and got it going. He is trying to fix my hot tub, which to be fair, he DID break. He turned it off back when it was still cold out, and a pipe broke underneath. He doesn't care for the hot tub, and wasn't too thrilled when I bought it, but he is fixing it for me because he is so nice.

I am thankful for Camille. I held her today and she hugged me and sucked her thumb, and I sang her songs, and she cuddled up and I wondered how on earth I could possible love someone so much. She is snuggled up to me right now....

I am thankful for Rosie, even though she did take off and visit the neighbors this afternoon while I was swimming with the kids. She is so funny, she understands so many things. Her favorite thing is cold water running from the hose, and when I ask her if she wants some, she goes right for it. She also likes going with me when I pick Mali up from track, she sits right on the front seat and looks out the window.....

I am thankful for Jonathan....he brought two grocery bags full of Hess trucks to the meeting today.

I am thankful for my older kids who help me when they can, and say the things I need to hear, and help me seek God in much need.

The thing I am most thankful for though, is God's grace over my life.

And now I must remove myself from this comfy chair and take care of some things. I have sleepy little creatures here, a puppy dog who wants a walk, and clothes for tomorrow to get out. I have to put away the pizza and clean up the table, and I should do the dishwasher again....Joseph and Aaron and Sam are home now, but they ate at Panera Bread with the boys. It doesn't seem very nice to ask them to help clean up a dinner they didn't even eat......

No comments: