summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 10, 2010

good morning!

It is Monday morning, again. No matter how much I drum myself to be thankful, I always find: unthankfulness!!! Is that a bad thing? Certainly not! It is a beautiful thing to be awake and aware of one's sin! There cannot be victory if I don't see it!

I woke up and looked around, and it looks half-way decent in here. Mirille did a lot of puttering around and cleaning up yesterday, and Mali did a nice job in the kitchen after dinner. It IS nice not to have a total weekend cleanup on Monday morning. But the thankful thoughts were still swirling around in my brain when the disconted starts whispering....."look at all that laundry...",
"who does this pile of clothes belong to??", "who left this here?", blah blah blah....so my battle begins. But as long as I remember that the battle is agains my own sin, and not against my dear children or my husband or my friends, then I will be fine. There is a suffering involved, of course, but it brings peace.

Mirielle has class today, and Abigail has to the big city to sign papers for her new job. I might go with her. She doesn't know her way around the city too well, but I worked downtown many years ago, so I can at least help her navigate. I am glad she is starting this job, but wah for me...she is so nice to go out and about with, I was getting so spoiled and didn't quite realize it.

In honor of Mother's Day.......

Emily Anne, 25....I have not seen much of her lately, as she has been working alot. I did see her a little bit on Saturday. She is a joy to me, when she pulls in the driveway, I am always so glad.

Abigail Marie, 23...She worked yesterday, and when she dropped Joseph off, she came in with a bag of Lindt truffles for me.....and she stayed for dinner. She is also a joy to me....she comes in and helps like she still lives here.

Benjamin Paul, 21....he has been helping Mike do a friend's roof, plus he worked all weekend at the pizza place. He is supposed to go downtown tomorrow afternoon to "sign up" for the Army. I stayed up late last night just talking to him. He is a good boy.

Mirielle Joy, 20.....She is in college, she runs six miles every day, she bakes yummy things, and she doesn't ever have to be asked to clean the bathroom. She is funny and fun and practical, and needs very little parenting. She was born responsible. And she has no idea how beautiful she is.

Joseph Michael, 19 next week....he has been working 2 or 3 days a week with Abigail, and is planning to go to college in the fall....he helps me when I ask....he likes to read and draw and play video games, mostly play his guitar...he could live in his room.

Aaron Royce, 17...he was also born responsible. He gets excellent grades, he works at McDonalds, and he has a wicked sense of humor.

Mali Rose, 16....Mali marches to the beat of her own drum. She is doing well in track, and she loves it. She is in the school band concert tonight, playing the clarinet, Sam is playing the trumpet, and Margaret the saxophone. Oh, and Aaron on drums.

Samuel James, 14....I just had to interrupt this post to go to school and pick him up...he has a stomach ache.

Margaret Cheryl, 13...She is 13 going on 21, and was also born responsible. She knows everything about everyone in Hollywood, is her hobby....she is smart and funny and we have to work on getting along well because we are so alike and we are both so right. But we know it, so it is good.

Kathryn Grace, 12....Kathryn is in the youthgroup at church now, and she loves it. She is very helpful to me, a very good girl.

Evelyn Joy, 10.....oh my goodness, this child is a potential handful. She is way too smart, too funny, too clever....she has read all the "New Moon" books at least once.

Suzanne Eleanor, 9....Suze is quiet and shy until you get to know her. She is very smart and sensible and usually the one who sets up pretend libraries and offices here...

Sonja Kathleen, 8....Sonja seems so much younger than the other girls, like she is sort of the baby of the five-girls-in-a-row, even though she is only 14 months younger than Suzanne. She likes to go places with me, and just thrives on extra attention.

Jonathan Robert, 6....Jon seems like a mini-adult most of the time, the way he speaks so properly and hangs around with teenagers and big kids when he can. But he also has his meltdowns, and when he is upset...watch out. But he ALWAYS apologizes after he has been a grump.

Charlotte Claire, 4 tomorrow....she woke up at 6:50 this morning, and since she brought her new trike in her room last night when she went to bed, I heard the banging and thumping of her dragging it back out to the living room this morning. I didn't get up 'til 7:15, but she was fine, she was lying on the couch under some blankets with her trike parked beside her. (and the first trip school kids were all up)

Camille Anaya, 2.....she is the brattiest brat I have ever had!!! She fusses about what shoes she wears, about what cup she gets, she takes off her bib, she wants to buckle herself....I can't fight her all the time, and don't want to, but she HAS to be buckled in her car seat, and if she pooped in her pullup, can I let her take it off HERSELF? And if she is mad because Charlotte Claire had more oranges than her, should I let her whip hers onto the floor? Or throw a cup of water because it is the wrong cup? hmm. I do not think so. I simply don't remember my other kids being this....this....shall we say "challenging"? But I love her to pieces just the same, and know full well she probably is so bratty because I smother her with kisses and hugs and attention and am just plain in love with her.....

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies....remember, you are doing a good work! God gives the children, and He will also give patience and strength and longsuffering and goodness to those who ask!!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Loved reading about all of your kids!!! You have an amazing family!!!

Mom said...

I ask everyday! What a beautiful family you have. I know I found myself thanking my children on Sunday, because without them I wouldn't be a Mom. They are so special. I try to love every poopy diaper, every temper tantrum, and every spilt cup.

Virginia Revoir said...

Lately I've been really battling myself with my attitude. Getting frustrated at how much work I have to do all the time. Sometimes it's disheartening to clean so much and have a mess grow so quickly. I need to check my attitude. I love having kids! The mess comes along with it so I can't expect it to stay clean with all these little ones running around all day. :)

AUTISMOMMA said...

It cracks me up when you describe Camille sometimes. I can't help but think that if you take Camille, multiply her by about five or ten, what you end up with is my son with autism.