summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 30, 2010

whew, another quiet sunday, ha.

Camille-The-Helpless is in bed now......

Charlotte Claire is in bed now....

Paul is so tired he is relaxed on the couch, which is nice...he usually is the Energizer Bunny, even when he is tired.

This weekend has been so busy ...

1. I took Mali to the dr. Friday morning....then to Lowe's for plants for her garden....then to Walmart for a prescription for a new inhaler...she has excercise induced asthma.....

2. We went out to bake our cookies, all 786 of them, which took five hours from start to finish.

3. Saturday we went to the soccer tournament, lost each and every game, but jumped up and down and screamed with joy when the team made one goal. Yes, one goal for all the games. It is all relative.

4. I sold candy, and helped served the fajita dinners to almost 800 people.

5. We left to go home after the little girls almost fell apart, yet they asked WHY we had to go home....

6. This morning Paul left before we were even up to make and serve breakfast at the conference center...Mirielle brought the soccer players out for the "losers" tournament....I brought the younger kids out and opened the candy store for a few hours....

7. Our whole family(except Joseph and Aaron, who were working)
went to my niece's graduation party.....hot dogs and burgers and coneys and chicken/mushroom/tomato kabobs and cake and pie and those little bags of chips. The kids loved those.

8. They have a tetherball pole, and it was so much fun. I played against Emily....and lost.

9. After the party, I was hot and tired, but mostly hot...so we went in the pool for a little swim......

10. Popcorn and stories.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day.....Margaret and Samuel will march in the small local parade, and perhaps we will pack up and go to the bigger parade a few towns over in the afternoon....

Yeah, so I am tired tonight. Tired but happy. I have found that friends are the most important part of life, and have realized more how lucky I am. I have also noticed, by the grace of God, that being faithful in my thoughts not to judge and criticize is what preserves those friendships.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow talk about buzy!!
After serving 800 people you may find it easier to serve only 18!! lol

Cassandra said...

I agree with TL :-0
so i have to ask, What are coneys ?

Cassandra xx

16 blessings'mom said...

Cassie-Ann, coneys are white hots, or "snappy grillers"....a white hot dog made with veal, and a blend of spices that is just delicious. I don't know if they are made anywhere else in the country, but a local company makes them here in central New York, and they are so good cooked up on the grill.