summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 17, 2010

ha, so much for cleaning up!!

I changed my mind, and went to the store instead. Well, two stores. But first a trip to Gramma and Grampa's house. Both their cars were in the driveway, so we stopped in to bug them for a little while, and they seemed very pleased. Charlotte Claire and Camille were well behaved, and of course had to pee in Gramma's bathroom, it is just too exciting. I enjoy Paul's parents so much these days. They are SO funny and so sincere and their house is nice and clean and clutterfree...

Next stop was Aldi, mostly for those fresh fruits and veggies, and frozen orange juice. Then, since my gas light was on, I stopped for gas...ouch, three bucks a gallon. I only put twelve dollars in....

The whole time, the little girls were begging to go to Kohl's so they could use the little toilet again.

We went to Wegman's, where we got lots of good things for our company tomorrow night. We are having grilled burgers, (I have to remember to get more propane for the grill...), coneys, salad, and maybe some fries. I bought 5 pounds of strawberries, Mirielle said she would make shortcake. I also bought two cans of spray whipped cream...yum. And M&M's.....and chips and dip....I was quite bad, I guess. And cheat-y, too. I bought a one-hundred pack of Dixie plates, and a package of the non-tippy clear plastic cups. Because: we could possibly have 20 of us for dinner. Do we have twenty matching plates? ha. Cups? ha..ha...our cups look awful, too, because of our hard water...they have that stuff all over them...anyway, this will be way easier.

We made a stop in the bathroom in the grocery store, Camille loves using "bye-bye toilets"....but she still pooped in her pull-up while we were unloading the groceries at home. At least it was a pull-up and not undies again. She is not my best potty-trainer, but I don't mind so much. At least I say that NOW, when she is napping and I am sitting here writing...but when she poops in her undies and the poops fall out.....or when she pees on our nice little rug....it isn't all happy and fine-with-me....in fact, it seems that she does that when I am the busiest...hmm.

I have no idea what we are having for dinner tonight, but we should probably eat all those nuggets I made last night, thinking we were having four extra boys at dinner....yuck. I do not like chicken nuggets. They are unhealthy and gross, but they are cheap and easy....so with a little barbecue sauce and some hot sauce, I will live.

Well, in all these boring details that make up my life, I am thankful that I can partake of santification....(Hebrews 12: " Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man shall see the Lord") So as my day turns to evening, and so on, there will be trials and testings...things will happen that do not please me. But I will not be miserable and complain-y because I believe God! He will bring what is best for me, and He will give me the victory over my sin!!! Jesus made a way for us to follow Him....may His grace over my life not be in vain!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I'm trying to clean up too...ugh...it depressing cause I feel like all my work is but a drop in the bucket. BUT....