summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

97 degrees!

1. Our Little Pool got lots of use today. I put my feet in it a few times, and was really tempted to sit all the way in it but then all the water would slosh over the edges. So I didn't.

2. I watered our little garden twice today.

3. Treadmill: 24 minutes of sheer torture. No, the first 20 seconds were okay. (I went fast, and turned the incline up to 8....ouchie.)

4. I was so sweaty after that little work out...I sprawled out on the couch, and Mirielle said I shouldn't do that. I asked why, does it negate the effects of the work out? "NO, Mom, you are getting the couch all sweaty." I did not care. I could not move.

5. As I said in my comment to Martha, we are out of popsicles.

6. It is so summery, it seems like a crime to call the kids together for bedtime.

7. They have a bag of Twizzlers open (red licorice). I love those things. I have not had one, but I wish they would hurry up and eat the whole bag.

8. I put some batteries in some flashlights and told them to go play in the bathroom for a while. It is very dark in there even in the daytime, no window. They proceeded to set up beds in the hallway to camp....oh, messes everywhere.

9. They go in and out of that little pool all day long.

10. Joseph and Samuel took three trips to the dump today, getting rid of stuff from under the deck.

11. Evelyn cleaned the kids room today, and is wondering what her prize will be.

12. I cooked on the new grill tonight...what fun! I grilled chicken, heated up some broccoli, and some rice in tin pans....no extra heat in the kitchen!

13. Tomorrow is Charlotte Claire's kindergarten check-up at the dr. She wants to go just with me, because if we go to the store, "Camille asks for too much stuff..."

14. Also tomorrow is a Soldier Presentation put on by Suzanne's class. Her teacher is very nice and patriotic, so she likes to honor the enlisted men and the veterans. The kids sing some songs, and have a few guest soldiers speak. I think there is a picture of Benjamin in the slideshow.

15. We have broken a heat record here in central New York state. The last time it was this hot was 2002, when it reached 101.

16. Rosie is a good dog when it is hot out. She does not care if cars go by, or if the neighbors come home with groceries. She just follows me around and gets drinks from the hose, and lies in cool shady places. Right now, she is under the footrest of my recliner, and the fan is blowing on us.

17. The kids just came in from the little pool again...they went in with their clothes on, and came in all dripping. I simply said, "Children, do not get my floors wet and don't get wet in your clothes again, please." ha. rrr.

18. Each day we generate more mess than I can clean up, so I never get ahead.

19. Camille is smart. She just told me that Jon shouldn't hang his wet clothes on the deck because it is going to storm later.

20. The older kids are all gone to the church for a bible competition.

21. Paul is in Boston.

22. I would like to go out to dinner and have fried haddock and fries.

23. I would also like a soft ice cream cone...chocolate and vanilla twist.

24. The kids had some Down Time this afternoon, and watched the movie, "Tangled"...I took a rest in my bed with a fan blowing on me and read some of the really good book that Mirielle got out of the library....(hot or not, it was blissful)

And now it is that dreaded time...the time to wind down and start brushing and flushing and getting the stories read and the nighty-night songs sung....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

My older kids are at the competition too:) Is school out for you guys yet? Ours wont be out till the end of the month and it DOES feel like a crime to put them to bed on time...

Mike and Katie said...

You always make me laugh. What a busy and fun house. I'm amazed you ran on the treadmill on such a hot day. Phew! It was in the 90's here yesterday but today it was in 60's. It was a nice reprieve. That hot weather came on like such a shock.

Congrats on the weightloss. I know it's such a long process but changing habits will change things for the long term.

16 blessings'mom said...

School doesn't get out for all of them until the 22nd of this month. blah!! They do such STUPID things the last few weeks....I would rather they stay home and do stupid things with ME.

Martha said...

Vanilla and chocolate twist sounds perfect! They have some pretty nice ice cream cones at that little stand in Wolcott. Forget the Popsicle! :)