summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

dog days of summer...

I know, it isn't even summer yet...but it is 89 degrees out. It is sunny and breezy and humid, and really quite wonderful. As I went out and about today, I thought about coming home and getting some sun...but at some point I remembered my sunburn. blah.

Joseph and I had fun going out and about. Wait, I had fun going out and about with Joseph. Shh, I bribed him to go with me. I reminded him that I never got him a birthday present, and that if he went with me today I would take him to GameStop for a videogame. (I DID get him some things for his birthday, but he gave all the Axe stuff away. Apparently he doesn't like to smell like Axe. He told me he would rather have an "axe". I thought he was kidding, but Sam now smells really good).

We went to the pool store for four hoses, sixty bucks, ouch. Then to for the game at the mall (we got the game, and exited the mall. I do not care for malls. Too expensive). Then Aldi, then Wegman's. Then...home. We ate cherries on the way home, fresh yummy cherries. I also bought two packages of ready to eat chicken wings packed up at the Wegmans' restaurant area, marked down. I told Joe that although Money Can't Buy Happiness, or Love, it CAN buy cherries and chicken wings. So...work hard and get a good job so you can have these things.

I am going to do my good deed for the day: the cake the kids made for the Senior Dinner is probably delicious, I mean, homemade chocolate cake made with melted dark chocolate, and home made buttercream frosting...how can it not be good? But it looks bland....so I shall go spruce it up...hopefully they won't kill me....

2 comments:

Tereza said...

"money cant buy happines but it can buy cherries and chicken wings" LOVE IT!:)
Can't believe you have a sunburn...we dont even have sun!

http://cookingandtales.blogspot.com (hint hint):)

Martha said...

It is cool and windy at my house today. Not a day for going to the beach. Is it windy there too or is this just a lake thing?