summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 13, 2011

mundane morning sluggishness....

Blah, I did not wake up early enough for my walk this morning. I had to take Rosie on the cheaty little version. I have to pick Mali up in a few hours for her appointment, so I have to choose how to spend those hours. I really want to do some painting. I need to throw in a load of towels, but got discouraged when I discovered that the washer and dryer are already occupied with someone's stuff. I have to go turn on the pool filter, and I really want to either go on the treadmill or take my walk. I can't fit it all in before I leave...and besides, I have these two little princesses to play with and feed breakfast and snuggle with. They are SO funny and sweet and cute.

It is rainy and overcast today, nice and cozy. I do not mind at all, I just want next Sunday to be warm and sunny. It is SO exciting that Benjamin is coming home for a visit! Matt is also home on leave! He is a boy, ha - a young man, who grew up with Ben. He is also married, and has two little girls. We have invited them to the party on Sunday, and he said they would be here. Camille is excited that their little daughter will be here, she has a pretty dress to give her...all nicely stuffed into a newspaper bag, which must seem nice to Camille. When I suggested we wrap it nicer, she got all huffy and said, "It IS wrapped nicely, Mama!

Girls want breakfast, I have things to do...but first a quick list of good intentions...

1. Take more pictures. Put more pictures on blog.

2. Find "before" picture of myself...(I could take one now, but I have lost 24 pounds, so it wouldn't be the same)

3. Housework...blah, tons of housework this week.

4. Humble myself and buy the cakes. Ouch. Yum.

5. NOT slack off on exercise, but take time and keep it important!!!

6. Take the time to connect with the children individually.

7. Seriously live each day as if it were my last, finding joy in the trials, and gladly giving myself, no matter what.

8. Find out where Charlotte Claire got the her new phrase, "You don't even EXIST, Camille."

9. Meet Martha. Oh no, Martha, I have not forgotten about this.

10. Spend a million times more time working on the inside of me than on the outside of me.

3 comments:

Martha said...

That number 9 there, I like that one. :)

Tereza said...

Those are great intentions to keep in mind! Monday morning blah here too and it's raining again!

T.L. said...

I love number 7 :)