summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 24, 2011

taking another break....

We tried to go strawberry picking...Mirielle, Aaron, Samuel, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I....we packed our bowls and set out in the big van...well, it started raining. Pouring. So we went into town first to get some money from the bank, and some whipped cream for the strawberries from the store.

It still rained. Poured. So...home we went. No strawberries today. I passed out the chocolate chip M&M cookies I bought for the kids, had one bite of one, and went on the treadmill for 29 minutes and 43 seconds, a mile and a half. It didn't kill me, but it sure felt like it was going to....

So today is a good day. Walked, swam, ran/walked on the treadmill.

There are still two cookies left, someone better eat them.

I am having a cup of coffee, courtesy of Kathryn. The kids are playing in the newly cleaned room, courtesy of Evelyn Joy.

Dinnertime is approaching, I need to kick into gear again....dinner, then graduation.....

5 comments:

true blessings said...

Aww we finally got some rain down here in Houston,so just wondering ,is there a specific diet plan you are following and what kind of coffee do you like?i am kinda picky with my coffee.love reading here ~

16 blessings'mom said...

Diet: just common sense, really. Fruits and veggies as my main carbs, except for my whole oats in the morning. If I eat bread, I only have one piece and it is 12 grain or oat bread. No cookies or chips, except for a taste here and there. I try to eat every few hours so I don't get too hungry and eat the wrong things. So I'll have a small handful of peanuts and some grapes, or a lowfat sugar free yogurt, or a half of a turkey sandwich. Or a huge salad with walnuts. I buy the most delicious frozen wild blueberries at B.J's, and mix them with yogurt sometimes, it is as good as ice cream. Well, almost. Coffee: I like brewed coffee, almost any kind, Wegmans or DunkinDonuts or even Folgers...but it has to have half and half....that is what makes it good. In the afternoons I will sometimes have Taster's Choice instant, it is good with the half and half. It is one of my Can't Give Up things.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Love your new page topper!!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you are doing amazing with your weight loss! i am down ten pounds. it is coming off slowly. I am sure if i was more committed to exercise i would have taken off even more, but since the medication i was on for anxiety made me so sleepy i was literaly napping during the day and had no energy to function. Thankfully i am now off that medication and it is slowly getting out of my system. Hopefully I can get back into working out.

Congrats on the motivation. You are amazing!

Virginia Revoir said...

I love the pictures on the top of the blog. :D You guys look great!