summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 6, 2012

good friday....

Although, as I was explaining to my little girls about what happened on this Friday many many years ago, we wondered why it is called, "good".

As a little girl, raised Catholic, we were not allowed to eat anything between noon and three on Good Friday as we remembered the sufferings of Jesus. We also gave up candy for Lent.

Today it is a good Friday because Paul finally got rid of one of the three non-working vehicles that has been parked in the driveway. It was a good car, the 1994 Buick. It only had 40,000 miles on it when Abigail got it for $800 a few years back. It served her well to get back and forth to college. Then Ashley used it when she lived here, then Joseph drove it to college...then it died. It was too old and decrepit to sink money into. So today, it went on it's final journey to the junkyard. wah. There is still a 2001 Dodge, Emily's first car. We cannot find the title to it, so it may be there for a while. And the truck, we still have hopes for. It is worth spending a little to get it going again. Hopefully.

The princesses are all dressed up in princess-y clothes, with long ribbons tied to their pony-tails, mimicking Rapunzel's tresses. They are in their own little world of make-believe amidst all the other things going on, like Rosie barking at the UPS man, Kathryn and Suzanne fooling around like heck, Sonja trying to get in on it by following them around saying, "What the Hello Kitty!!". Evelyn wandering around, Sam eating cereal, Aaron making me some coffee (he and Mirielle skipped their morning class, but have to leave soon for their afternoon one). Joseph didn't have work today. Lots of things going on, and here I sit. Suze is folding towels for me now, while still fighting/fooling around with Kap.

I had a sad dream last night, that one of my girls died. The circumstances were unrealistic, but the sadness was excruciating and realistic. I kept throwing myself on the floor and sobbing, I was beyond consolation. I did not want comfort from anyone, I was just totally and completely broken up. How can we dream these things? All I know is that when I woke up, I was very glad it was just a dream, and when I saw this daughter of mine this morning, I wanted to hug her, but teenager-ish that she is, I restrained myself. But it made me want to be good to these guys in the time that we have, because there really are no guarantees.

Weight loss update: Yes, I lost some!!!! I was the lowest ever this morning. By "ever" I mean in at least 20+ years. I was not heavy until I started having babies. In fact, I was 123 in high school. Anyway, slowly slowly slowly but surely, that scale is moving down. Now I just have to stick with my strictness.

Tomorrow I am taking six kids on an adventure, to theDreaded Mall. Suzanne has to have an eye exam, so we are filling the minivan with kids. Paul and the older kids are going to work at the Dome for the last fundraiser of the season. Aaron and Margaret are staying here with the little girls.

Well, I should go exercise and enjoy my day with all these kids around.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Della,

Happy Easter! The reason it's called Good Friday is because it's really good for us, it's deliverance from Hell!

Christ paid the penalty for our sin that we who worship Him in spirit and truth may live forever!

Congrats on your weight loss; you are doing and looking great!

Carolyn

Carolyn said...

Hi Della,

Happy Easter! The reason today is called Good Friday is because it's really good for us, deliverance from Hell!

Christ paid the penalty for our sin debt so we who worship him in spirit and truth can live forever!

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing and looking great!

Carolyn

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats on your huge acomplishment. As for the car, you can apply for a cuplicate title. There is usually a fee of about $25, but it is totally worth it IMO to get a hunk of junk gone LOL. I am going to have to do it to get rid of an old car when we move :-)

OurLilFullFam said...

Happy Good Friday to you too! It is hard to call it that, so good for us, and yet the darkest day Jesus had here.

Stephanie