summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 21, 2012

rainy saturday morning

My walk through the little stand of woods was awesome. The rain pattering down, the squirrels scampering, the greens of the trees just SO green...I almost stepped on a garter snake while looking into the woods. oops. Last night Paul surprised some of us with marshmallows. That meant a campfire for those of us who don't go to the Friday night youth meetings. Sonja K. was at Susan's house helping with the baby twins, so it was just Suze and Jonathan and the two little princesses. Paul also bought the stuff to make some hot Irish coffee, which was really yummy to sip while we relaxed at the fire. Well, "relax" is hardly the word. Rosie was there, wagging her whole body in sheer joy that we were out there. Knocking into my coffee, getting tangled in the marshmallow sticks. She will obey the command to Lie Down, but only until she cannot stand not getting pet any longer, then she has her big fuzzy chin in my lap again, wagging her whole backside and hitting everything with that tail. And the kids roasting marshmallows: nervewracking. Jon and Suze are really on the ball about blowing out any that catch on fire, but I am always afraid that one of them will swing the stick around and hit a sibling with a flaming marshmallow. It was a beautiful night, the wind died down and the stars were out. No mosquitoes, just a few Junebugs. We saw a bat, too. I slept too late this fine morning. Rather, I tried my darndest to get some sleep. We stayed up 'til two, and at 7:01, Miss Camille was out of her door and down the hall, none too quiet. rrr. I corralled them back into their room and asked them to please play quietly and quit slamming the door. They must've heard it as, "Make lots of noise, get in a few fights, and SLAM THAT DOOR!" So I dozed off like a million times, and found myself getting really irritated at those girls. When I finally showed my pretty face out here, Sonja and Suze were up too, and the girls were so glad to see Mama, my irritation dwindled...I did tell them they need to be more quiet in the morning though. Abigail is on her way to pick me up, we are going out shopping on the dark drizzly day. It is good to see her and spend time talking...the girls are so busy playing right now they don't even care that I am leaving. It helps that I cleaned their room so nicely yesterday. I organized everything, and made it really nice in there.... And off I go....

No comments: